Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Maura!

You know, really, I should have blogged last Friday too (well, morning), as it was Benny's birthday then. Groundhog's day. You know I've been to Puxatawney, PA before. Stocked up on beer for a camping trip at a drive-thru liquor store there. But that's a story for another day.

So Happy Birthday to Maura who I am quite sure doesn't read this unless I tell her to. I'm sure, it's not like people have OTHER THINGS TO DO. What-ever. But in fairness to the faithful, I will admit that at times I can be cryptic. I apologize.

For instance. Yesterday I got a phonecall from a friend who lives far, far away and with whom I rarely talk on the phone or see (and yes, Bill, I know it's mostly my fault for the "not seeing" part, I can only apologize so much). He was quite confused as to the post from Friday night (you know it as Saturday morning, early). You know the one, the one where I was disgusted and wouldn't really say why? I feel that we (bloggers, or those who share our random thoughts to the internet universe) have the right to vent when we feel like it. We have the right to not be clear, to not make sense, and to mention things completely out of context or off the wall. Though we should probably, for the sake of the faithful, try to make SOME sense and/or have SOME content on a fairly consistent basis... that's just a manners thing. Anyway, to sum up last week's evening rant, let's just say it shouldn't amaze me anymore (though it does) to know that pretty much every person we deal with has some degree of issues. Some have a LOT of issues. Others just a little. And I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the kind of people I attract tend to be rather dramatic most of the time. Every once in a while I am absolutley stunned when people act in character, and I have to let off some steam. Thanks for listening. I didn't proof read yet so I am sure I still don't make any sense.

I also have to comment on a comment from mid January that now that I know who the author is, makes me laugh EVEN NOW, a day after I learned the truth. I was ranting about firing a long-time client and an Anonymous wrote - Don't fire my dad. I just figured it was Sol, because he tends to post obscure and not-much-sense-making comments from time to time, and it was funny in it's own right. But when I found out it was that Texas-living, slow-talking, bleach-drinking Bill, it made it WAY funnier. Like so funny I am STILL laughing. And it's the next day. None of you guys are, but that's okay. I'm the one that needs to laugh these days...

So none of this as anything to do with Maura and her birthday but it gave me an excuse to write and something to do before the 8 o'clock bell rings.

Have a nice Friday.

4 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, February 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now someone is funnier than me...
BS

 
At 1:53 PM, February 09, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

I love the 3rd paragraph because it pretty much is a typical Joyce ramble where I afterwards I just say "Yeah I agree" without really knowing what the crap you said.

 
At 7:25 PM, February 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ - We all love you because you are weird. Sort of. I mean sort of weird.

 
At 8:14 PM, February 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I see it, it´s YOUR blog, so feel free to write what you want. I enjoy reading your rants as well as your insights and observations even when I have no idea what you are talking about! You delight me Joyce. Thank you!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Maura, even though I have no idea who you are. Felicidades!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home