Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Say what?

Today as I was driving back from lunch I heard the opening strains of a familiar song. That didn't sound so familiar. A little bit off. Not quite right. Then I realized it: somebody did a cover of "Love Rollercoaster" by the Ohio Players.

What? You can't do that! The best part of this song, the part that STILL to this DAY gives me chills, is the urban legend that a girl was being murdered outside the studio when they were recording it, and that bone-chilling scream you hear near the end of the song is her. The story goes that when they were editing the song and heard it, they thought it was too perfect to leave out, so they left it in. I remember when I was like 9 or something Claudia T. told me that story and ever since then I HAVE to listen to the whole song, and when that part comes on I get total shivers. Just writing about it now gives me chills!

This is a "live" version from YouTube, so I am sure the scream is missing, but you know what I'm talking about. You do, don't you?


Don't you just love those '70s videos? Mother of God. What were we thinking?

Did I listen to the whole remake today? Hell no. You cannot remake that song, I don't care who you are. It will never be the same and you can bet I will never listen to it. Some songs are just better left alone.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, September 02, 2009, Blogger Gringa-n-Mexico said...

OH shit I'm loving that video!!! Check them out all groovin and dancing and looking so cool! And thanx tramp, I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head for days. I can't believe (well yes I can but still) that someone tried to re-do it. That's just lame! Leave it be P-diddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home