Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tingley


So I got this new tanning lotion last Saturday, or maybe it was Sunday. Can't remember. It might have been Monday. Anyway, it's a "tingler". Meaning it's supposed to like churn up the oxygen in your skin (?) and ultimately leave you sort of a bright(er) pink that turns into a better tan in a few hours. Not like a bronzer, but apparently all that churning oxygen means the shit that makes a person tan gets kind of a kick in the ass and makes it stand up a little bit straighter afterward. I'm no scientist, hell, I dropped out of Chemistry after two weeks when Mr. Smith threw a ruler at me, so I can't tell you how it really works. But I've tanned three times this week, and I have to say it IS working. I love it, because it makes your skin feel all tingley (get it?) like when you have a sunburn. This is good for the lily white girl hidden underneath this (highly oxygenated) tan girl.

The week has flown by. It's been somewhat enjoyable and not even a little bit stressful. Today had its moments, but nothing compared to last week, and I'm downtown so that's fun. Downtown often means at least one free lunch, and this week has given me two, so the cheapskate in me is pretty happy about that. Plus I've had a pretty decent run of somewhat good hair (except today. Those of you who saw me today, don't judge me by today's hair), and that ALWAYS helps my mood. Tomorrow seems like it will be rather busy as well, you know, GOOD busy, not OVERWHELMING busy, and it's a special occasion to boot (oh relax, don't get all nervous, you) so Chris, Whitney and I are celebrating by going out to that good sushi place on 23rd. Fantastic.

The weekend is going to be enjoyable too (besides one daughterly duty that I must fulfill, but I'm keeping a stiff upper lip about it), in that I am meeting that Tracy for coffee and I might actually book Cancun this week (Cece, are you reading? It might be a good time to act.). So, you know, good, positive shit going on.

I guess because it seems I am always bitching, I should take this opportunity to be grateful for the good things in my life, for the good stories I have lived to tell, and the good friends that I have had for a long time and a short time, to wish a certain someone a happy just-another-day-nothing-to-freak-out-about-but-it's-still-a-fun-occasion day, and to remember that good things are always all around us, sometimes we just have to move crap out of the way to see them.

How's that make YOU feel?

(Because I'm so not going to say it...)

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, August 21, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make's me Smile knowing you got my back.

 
At 3:00 PM, August 21, 2009, Blogger Marita said...

Yeah! Cancun!
And thanks for the positiveness....made me smile.

 
At 9:35 AM, August 22, 2009, Anonymous Barbie said...

one of your better posts because we all need to be reminded of all the things and people we that we are grateful for and all the good things that do happen in our lives, even tho' sometimes it seems the bad automatically outweighs the good.
Thanks.

 
At 6:00 PM, August 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cancun ... go early, stay late!

janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home