Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Running away


I think I have developed some sort of allergy. Yesterday morning, while getting ready for work, I was suddenly stricken with a runny nose. I didn't feel like I had a reason for it, like a cold or anything like that, it just wouldn't stop. I must have blown it ten times before I left the house. And then it was completely fine.

This afternoon at around 3:30, after a completely normal day, I suddenly started sneezing. Not just two-sneezes-and-it's-over, but like, Tom-sneezes (my brother Tom sneezes no lie 17 times in a row after a certain amount of beers and it DRIVES ME CRAZY). I couldn't stop. The left side of my face was the only part affected - runny itchy eye, sniffly nose. It's 9:15pm and I still haven't gotten over it.

I have never been allergic to anything (except the flower of the flamboyan tree, I found out one December while walking through a little park in Valladolid, Yucatan - I got hit in the head with a falling flower and I sneezed and sniffled and teared up for the whole rest of the day. And I was on a date.), so this is really quite odd to me. I don't feel sick at all, not like I have a head cold or anything, I am just all of a sudden stricken with this affliction. And it pisses me off.

Because I don't need to suddenly develope allergies at this age. I know that in theory your body's chemistry alters every seven years or so, and that my siblings have developed allergies themselves over the years, but this kind of shit doesn't happen to me and I think I am going to go the route of "mind over matter". If I ignore it it will just go away. Right?

Anyway, that's this evening's bitch and the whole thing has exhausted me so I am off to bed, to sleep it off, and wake up fresh and clear tomorrow morning. I am sort of surprised it's going to be Wednesday already.

5 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, August 18, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it sucks getting older... being "sticken" with things we haven't dealt with. It's just not right. Next thing you know, you'll be allergic to Ibprofen! haha
good night, J

 
At 10:24 PM, August 18, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's lorie, btw. don't have a google account..

 
At 9:36 AM, August 19, 2009, Anonymous Kim S said...

Allergies suck, believe me I know! Get some Claratin... This year I had them worse than I have in forever, had to go to doc and get nose spray and the whole bit...

 
At 4:02 PM, August 19, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't develop an alergy to the kits! BH

 
At 7:35 PM, August 19, 2009, Anonymous Barbie said...

It's allergies, pure and simple. I don't have them but occasionally my nose will itch and get itchy eyes. It goes away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home