Saturday, August 15, 2009

I would have been happy to throw just ONE punch...

(Friday was a fairly good day, except for the end part, when, if they would have only shown up, I would have gone to blows with a buyer. What part of "It's not happening today" and "I don't have loan documents so don't plan on coming in because there is nothing to sign" do you not get? I'm kind of bitter I didn't get to get into a fight, because I was plenty fired up for it, wild-eyed and verbally (and physically) ready to get down. Oh well.) (But it ended on a happy note, I had a cut and color and my colorist showed me a bunch of neato apps for my iPhone, so I have fantastic hair again and I'll always know where the next speed trap is.)

I woke up with the need to clean the hell out of my bathroom and kitchen. I don't know what got into me, but here I am, bathroom done and kitchen just waiting. I have a lot of crap on my kitchen counter that doesn't need to be there. On those rare occasions that I actually let people in to my house, I get all embarrassed because I think they're looking at it. Maybe they are. Maybe, secretly, they are judging me. Maybe they are changing their opinion of me RIGHT NOW, as I sit here and type this. Hm.

Yesterday the battered Joyce-made-out-with-the-cab-driver story came out of hiding when my landlord/coworker Judy L. played a prank on me. What was I thinking, telling Maril about this? I haven't told you all yet, but it will come, because a) I am not envisioning a ton of stuff to blog about in my near future and b) what's the point of living life like you're telling a story if you don't actually tell the story? I am prepared to let this particular story creep further into my past before I tell you, so give me at least a month. So that would be August 18. I can't make any promises that it will be that day, because once I write something on this blog I promptly forget about it, but it'll come. You guys will probably think I am some kind of tramp, but the important thing is that I know I'm not. You have to really look at things from my perspective.

So between almost beating the smack out of an overly aggressive buyer and having a really good signing with a man who was very well-versed in the Maya philosophies, yesterday wasn't that bad and I move on to Main next week. Well, after I go into work and finish up a couple more files today, that is. Is it me or is work getting harder and harder with every passing week? It could be I am due for a beach vacation. One of these days I will book Cancun (because it's there, looming) and actually have something tangible to look forward to.

So what else is going on? Not a whole lot, clearly. I think the meteor shower did a number on the driving skills of everyone I encountered this past week, so it's probably better for everyone that that's over. Full moon whackiness I can handle; bad driving is a completely different story.

So that's it, I guess. It's Saturday morning and I am feeling pretty accomplished at 8:11am, so that's a plus. Let's see what the day brings me, shall we? If it's anything worth telling, you know you'll see it here.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, August 16, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sitting on the edge of my chair anxiously waiting for the taxi driver story .....

janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home