Monday, September 07, 2009

All over the map again

I'm going to say very little on the subject. And then it'll be put to rest, because it's next week and I do what I can to look forward. But here's the deal: we regular people cannot know the level of intensity with which college football players perform. It's beyond probably anything we will ever know in our own lifetimes. That being said, when that cracker of a BSU player popped off to Blount and (probably called him the "n" word, I'm convinced of it) Blount punched him, it came from a combination of complete fired-up-ness, the fact that this kid comes from a rougher background than you and me, and utter disappointment from such a shitty on field performance. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination condoning his actions, nor do I necessarily support him. But the bottom line is, not one of us that hasn't played on that level can understand where he was coming from, and therefore it is not okay to judge him from a position that is so completely opposite of where he was at the time. Leave it alone, Beavers, it has nothing to do with you. It has nothing to do with the Ducks as a team. It has everything to do with the choices we make in life, each and every one of us. Sometimes we make bad ones. Sometimes our careers are ruined as a result of it. But no matter who we are and what we've done, it ultimately comes down to processing it and moving forward. So Go Ducks, beat Purdue. I'm done with it.

So it's Labor Day weekend, and I have laundry to do. I also wouldn't mind running to the mall, but I have a raging ear infection (you wanted to know that, didn't you?) and I just don't feel like showering. Here are my options: 1) DON'T shower, stay home, attend laundry-fest (my hair is unquestionably in THE WORST shape it's been on a get-up-and-don't-jump-straight-into-the-shower-because-you-don't-have-to-go-to-work day ever); or 2) Shower, go tan/shop, feel accomplished, do laundry in the afternoon (how much do I really have?). Which would you choose?

Here's the thing about showering. I don't like it. I mean, sometimes, when it's colder than crap everywhere I go, I love the part about standing in a stream of really hot water and warming myself to the core. The soaping, shampooing, hot water part I don't mind. It's the gigantic pain in the ass of drying and styling my hair that I hate the most (and the post-shower damp - I hate being cold). But seriously, my whole life my hair has been different every day. Some days I am just not up to the surprise of good-hair-day/bad-hair-day. And this week it has been non-stop bad hair. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's just looked like crap every day, even on days when I REALLY wished it hadn't, like one day last week, when it would have been GREAT if I had had a good-hair-day, because everyone wants to look better when they are entertaining (and even though the entertainee says your hair looks fine, you know it doesn't, and you just know they are saying, hm, her hair looked way better last time I saw her, this could change everything..). So as you can see, today's shower decision isn't just about me being lazy.

I did drive out to Scappoose yesterday to visit that Sydney Jo. And Marshy and Stan, but they had to be there, being that Sydney is too young to get a job to cover the mortgage. It was fun, relaxing, enjoyable, and the music on the radio between here and there didn't suck. Plus the rain held off both times I had to drive over that Cornelius Pass Road. So somebody's looking after me, I guess. It was good to see them, good to see Michaelene and Steve, good to know the goats were not out.

So I think it's been a pretty good weekend. Happy Labor Day to you all - we all need a little break today.

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, September 07, 2009, Anonymous Barbie said...

Very well put - enough said.

 
At 1:08 PM, September 08, 2009, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

you are so funny. I hope that you had a great weekend.

 
At 7:26 PM, September 08, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(probably called him the "n" word, I'm convinced of it) I don't think so. 5 Brothers are around when he taps the pads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home