Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Being there

What kind of advice do you give to someone whose heart was just stomped on? What can you say to make it better? How do you find the words to stop the pain that is so fresh, so real, when you've been through it and know how bad it's going to be?

Nothing. You can't. There are no words. It's something most of us go through, at least once. It doesn't get easier. It may not go away for a long time. But one morning you know they'll wake up, and want to feel better. Just a little. Telling them that now doesn't make it hurt any less, but sometimes it's all you've got.

I know you'll come through this, but I don't know when. I know you're one of the bright stars that shine on our world even if he doesn't realize it. I know you are not going to be alone and I know you deserve someone who can give you everything you need. You'll get it, that's how it works for you. You'll believe that soon. But for now, I'm just a phone call away, feeling your pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home