Saturday, February 21, 2009

Looking backward and forward

Last night some of us girls from years ago met up at McCormick and Schmick's in Bridgeport for a little get-together. It was great fun and, in the way that the universe knows how to rock our worlds a little bit, it had a little added bonus attached to it. Kenny L. played baseball at Beaverton in the early '80s and I imagine that every girl in high school had some level of crush on him at one time or another. So while we sat and chatted and waited for the others to show up, who should be standing next booth over but him. It was great to see him and a great boost for my girl Jeri. We were having so much fun the manager sent over champagne, which frankly isn't surprising. Cheers to all of us there - we plan on making it a monthly thing.

In other news, an opportunity has arisen to travel south for a week in April. I'll probably do it. It's too good an opportunity and cheap-ish in these terrifying times (for me, I feel like I don't have any money when REALLY, not much has changed... I'm kind of a freak). So perhaps you will soon be graced with a happier, more tan Joyce with a memory stick full of pictures of Puerta Vallarta. Or not, I don't really, uh... photograph well. But surely the beach will.

I have been enjoying my chats with an old friend who has come out of the woodwork thanks (again) to the magic of social networking sites. It's been great, and somewhat inspirational, and I love seeing how people have succeeded in their lives, seeing their history based on what they are today. It's neato. Good chats, Todd.

All in all it was a good week, if not a bit harried at work. I apologize to everyone whose head I ripped off. But let's face it, the office is kind of tense these days and I am nothing if not Knee-Jerk Reaction Girl. Apologizing probably doesn't take the sting away, but shit, it's escrow. I thought it was supposed to make us tough. I shoot the messenger, that's what I do. By now everyone knows I am an emotional rollercoaster, so let's just get over it. Joyce. Get over it. Jeez.

So let's all start planning the trip by tanning. It helps everyone.

5 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, February 21, 2009, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said...

oh,oh,oh!!!! if you are coming to Mexico in April anyway, maybe you could come to the 2nd Annual Latin American Bloggers Meet and Greet! I would so love it if you came!!!!
please,please,please!
Theresa

 
At 2:49 PM, February 21, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you will be traveling south to get some sun and beach time. Enjoy!!!

 
At 3:52 PM, February 21, 2009, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

It is not as close as I would hope but I am glad that you will be able to come down. Get some sun, some tan, some cocktails and a few fun escrow free days in. :)
PS- Sometimes shooting the messenger is a good idea.

 
At 6:13 AM, February 22, 2009, Blogger CancunCanuck said...

Yahoo for trip down south! Will we get to see the infamous Joyce???

 
At 6:28 AM, February 22, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

Theresa and Canucka - As much as I would LOVE to meet (T) and see (K) you, sadly I will not be able to attend. Though I am flattered that you would consider me eligible. I can't believe I haven't lived there in 2 years. Where does the time go?! Rest assured, I will be in the Yucatan sometime this year, I promise.

Jackie and Mindy, thank you for the encouragement. The good Lord knows, as does everyone in the Lincoln Tower branch, that I need some serious relaxation...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home