Saturday, January 10, 2009

Words for the sake of them

Oh there really isn't much to report. The weather warmed up to it's more normal mid 40s, and it rained, but not to the extent that it did in Washington. Good Lord. Did you guys see any of that? I-5 closed and houses under water. They had predicted the Portland area would be hit with the same rain fall, but luckily we were spared.

I worked downtown all week, and I do love that, all except for the drive, which is somewhat painless (when it's not snowing and icy) despite being far. I am back in Beaverton this coming week. It means nothing in terms of sleeping in, but at least the drive is shorter.

Today will be a day of errands and chores and I am up for that. I think my motivation is starting to gear up a little bit - when I left the office on Thursday and Friday it was still a little bit light out. That gives me hope for longer days. The darkness of winter gives me the blues.

I am in the mode of getting a Mexico trip in, and also of blogging more. I think that my blog is only interesting and/or entertaining when I have completed some sort of vacation adventure or bitching about something, and not doing anything doesn't give me anything to bitch about (except for trying to understand exactly what it is that is making my kitchen faucet leak only SOMETIMES). Blogging sort of exercises my mind but it's kind of a drag when all it is is drivel. At any rate, I intend to be around more, drivel or no.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, January 10, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Road trip to Seattle! We'll give you sumpin to talk about.

RT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home