Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year and all that

I never make resolutions. But I think my plan for this year is to actually DO something. You know, something to write about. Some kind of adventure. Or vacation or something. Like the kind where you fly somewhere and get tan and then fly back and wear yellow so people will be jealous.

I was in bed, as is the tradition, by 11pm on NYE. I've got kind of a "What difference does it make?" kind of attitude going on right now. I need some excitement, something to mix things up. Banging pots and pans at midnight on NYE didn't seem like that "something" as it would only alienate the kittens to me more.

My cuñado Paul, of Last Great Road Trip-fame, is still planning his Baja trip, but I think he is having issues with getting a passenger or two due to the media coverage of people getting the shit shot out of them south of the border. It's a bummer because I would like to meet him whereever he ends up (at a resort of some type, you know, with a pool and a beach and some frosty beverages). I'd consider being the passenger but it doesn't guarantee any real sun-time and I would need to take a lot of time off work, and I am not sure I can do that. So we'll see. That would definitely be something different. I wish someone would just come up to me and say, "you know, you've lived a good life so far, you're nice (somewhat) (now), have all this money." but I'm not really expecting it to happen. I dig that whole power-of-positive-thinking thing, but a girl has to be realistic.

I was thinking about blogging about all the fun and fabulous things I did this last year, but really I didn't have much to go on. One Mexico trip (FOR. EVER. ago) and that trip to visit Mexico Way/My Guey up in Vancouver. Where did I lose my spirit? When did I start worrying so much about money? Maybe that will be my plan for this year - quit flipping worrying about shit and let it take care of itself. It always has before.

So Happy New Year and all that. It's going to be a good year, I think. Positively.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, January 04, 2009, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

It is going to be a good year. Tickets in Feb are just $350 round trip plus tax :)Just a thought.

 
At 5:47 PM, January 04, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to say What The F*&# and go on the Last Great Road Trip. If you're looking for sun time, I can strap you to the roof while I drive... I'll stop occasionally and roll you over...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home