Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh my hell it's cold

Yeah, so we don't get weather like this. I mean, we get some snow, usually once a year and maybe three inches max and it shuts down the city and all that. But usually the next day it is above freezing and it thaws and you can drive. Not this time around.

It's like 20 degrees outside, and I am not exxagerating (for once). I'm a wimp and I admit it. Hate it hate it hate it. I had to have Nicky come get me today because though I made out it of my complex, I couldn't get up the hill just outside of my neighborhood to put me on Murray so that I could get to Hillsboro. Just spun around like a jackass and slid sideways and all those fun things you do when you have no control in a huge hunk of metal on an ice-packed street.

This isn't a picture I took, I stole it from KATU.com, but it is very near my neighborhood. Yeah, it doesn't LOOK bad, but underneath that snow is ice, and it sucks.


Feel free to call me a wimp, I am totally embracing it right now.

6 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, December 15, 2008, Blogger CancunCanuck said...

Gack! Looks bad enough to me, I'm having palpitations flashing back to Toronto at this time of year.

Sending you some Cancun warmth (even though it's only 77F with this norte), it's certainly better than THAT.

 
At 6:41 AM, December 16, 2008, Blogger AFG said...

maybe it's because i haven't lived enough north american winters, just a good few irish ones, but despite the ice and all, i'm just envious! i would give my left arm right now to spend Christmas in the snow...or rather,come in from the snow and spend it around the fire drinking steaming mulled wines and hearty food...and maybe a good book to curl up with. wanna swap?

 
At 11:37 AM, December 16, 2008, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

I must say I am both jealous and sorry for you. The ice is a real pain in the butt. That norte blew through here a few days ago so now we are at 85 with 75% humidity so it feels like 92. I love the weather channel. Sending you some Tulum heat as well. Maybe with canuck's Cancun warmth we can will you above freezing. :)

 
At 2:27 PM, December 16, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

I don't think you're a wimp but why do you have more f'd up weather than here?

 
At 6:40 PM, December 16, 2008, Blogger dichuy said...

Wow! I have to tell you I love it when it snows like that. But then I don't have to drive in it. I just walk 2 blocks to the subway so it's easy for me to wish it was like that here.

Hang in there girl. Dream of warm Cancun!

 
At 6:51 PM, December 16, 2008, Blogger JJ said...

Canucka and Mindy - thanks for the warmth but we all know how long the flight is from CUN to PDX so it is taking a looooooong time to get here...

Anita - All that sounds great except I have to get my arse to work every morning! I would swap with you RIGHT NOW.

Guey - We got it/are getting it worse than Seattle and even Vancouver WA (right over the flipping river from Portland). I don't know why but karma must have something to do with it. So what have I done I wonder..?

Di - I'm such a suburbanite that the car is king. And I can't get mine out of the 'hood yet. I am dying to get south... soon. SOON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home