Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Vacations' end

So I'll admit it wasn't my first choice in vacations, and it certainly wasn't my traditional December vacations, either. As a floater, I have to choose my vacations ahead of everyone else, and then in theory they just work around me. I say "in theory" because I am sure they don't, but if someone out there is choosing vacations and I happen to already be off, and they NEED coverage, then they are either SOL or they choose another week.

Traditionally I am in Mexico right now. Judging from what I am wearing, the pastiness of my skin and the current temperature, however, I am not. I had scheduled to be off from Wednesday of last week through this Friday, but since airfare went through the roof and I didn't feel that now was a good time to be spending a bunch of money on a tan, I cut it by three days and just stayed in town.

I haven't really done anything. I cleaned (finally. It doesn't matter that I did most of it today, the last day, the point is that I actually did it) and hung some more pictures and put some tchochkies on the shelving unit. I got a neato present at Lincoln Tower's Christmas party, a decorative plate situation that two other people wanted and one of them actually tried to steal from me, and I hung that up. I played with the kits and I went to the Walmarts and I had coffee with that Heather and I broke a rule and went to the mall in December. And I napped a lot. Which I probably would have done if I was in Mexico, except it would have been on a lounge chair in the sun. So, you know, it wasn't the same.

So now I am kind of bored and ready to go back to work and do all that stuff again, I guess, but it's only three days and then the weekend and my brother Tom adopted two kitties that he picks up on Saturday so I'll go see them, and then we all work a full week and then we all have two weeks of only three days and then it will be the end of the year and maybe I'll actually get to go to Mexico in February or something.

God I hope so because though I like my home, it would be nice to be away from it for a few weeks once in a while.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, December 10, 2008, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

that is never a good saying... vacations' end :-( I hope you get to make it here. tell LT hey

 
At 1:46 PM, December 10, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

I love your run-on-sentences.

They are bombaliscious!

Don't worry you will vacations soons enoughs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home