Thursday, November 13, 2008

And so I bought it.

But not the one in the store. Angela approached me this morning and said, We should look on eBay! I thought to myself (outloud, though, I'm sure), Does this Angela's knitting knowledge know no bounds?! So in the midst of the absolute and utter calamity that the desk I am currently on is, we managed to find just the right sweater knitting machine on eBay, with 48 MINUTES LEFT TO BID!

It started out at $26, but my diligence and complete and total disregard of other people's needs paid off, because I managed to outbid whoever the hell K***l19 was, and they really fought for that sweater knitter. Total price, including shipping, was $60. I'm downright thrifty. It should arrive next week.

I sure hope Angela is resting up, because my demands are limitless. LIMITLESS.



BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA!

5 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, November 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mortgage goddess and domestic diva... LGRT and I have started a pool for when the first sweater will be completed with a bonus pick for worn in public.

I have March of 2016... You go girl

 
At 9:39 AM, November 15, 2008, Blogger Marita said...

I'm speachless. I

 
At 12:17 PM, November 15, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said...

I want the sweater in the photo! I love the sweater in the photo! It's so me (which makes you wonder about me doesn't it?) but it's crocheted not knit, so your machine won't make it. I can't wait to see your new sweaters.
regards,
Theresa

 
At 12:41 PM, November 15, 2008, Blogger JJ said...

Er, how do I put this delicately? I posted the sweater photo due to it's, um, not-my-style-at-all-ness. However, what makes us all individuals is how different our tastes are, right?!

And HB, perhaps you were not reading thoroughly. ANGELA IS THE KNITTER, I merely sponsered the machine. Any ugly rumors you here about sweatshops in Hillsboro, Oregon, kindly disregard.

 
At 8:02 PM, November 15, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said...

jj, I know that you wouldn't wear it,(the photo title ugly sweater was a clue) heck, I probably wouldn't wear it either. But I still like it. I have rather eclectic, bohemian tastes, and since I am in my 50s I doubt that they will change. I like Kaffe Fassett as a desgner http://www.kaffefassett.com/
regards,
Theresa

ps. I dressed very classically when I worked. Evan Picone, Jones New York and Liz Claiborne...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home