Sunday, November 02, 2008

Under attack.

Okay this is pissing me off.

Sunday is my day where I don't do much of anything if I am so inclined. I work all week, I run errands and clean on Saturday, Sunday is my day of rest. If I don't want to take a shower, I don't. Sometimes (usually) my hair looks like crap and I have sheet marks on my face from sleeping too hard Saturday night, I wear my house-iest of house clothes, I read, I have the TV on, I lounge. It's my flipping day and I will spend it the way I choose.

Today so far I have had THREE canvassers pound on my door, and it is only 2pm. One of them POUNDED on my door, scaring the shit out of me and literally causing me to fall off the couch. Another knocked loudly in that "shave-and-a-haircut" way and used my door knocker for the "two-bits" part. That guy wouldn't leave. He continued to knock on my door three more times and finally left after approximately 10 minutes. These last ones just left - two of them, knocking on my door and my neighbor's door at the same time.

Okay, I get it. I get that we need to get out the vote. I get that there are millions of people out there that need to be made aware of what will happen should the other guy win. I made the phone calls myself - of course, if someone didn't answer the phone or hung up on me I certainly didn't CALL THEM RIGHT BACK. But if someone doesn't answer the door, go to the next one. Jesus.

I feel like a prisoner in my own home right now, wondering when the next door pounding will come. I'm tempted to put a sign on my door that says "I already voted" but I don't have any tape. I have the sound way down on my TV and all the blinds drawn tight. I cannot swing the door open and yell at them because of the hair situation and I dribbled some soup down the front of my sweatshirt. Normally this wouldn't matter but apparently today it does.

It's time for me to consider a nap but who can relax after all this?

FUCK I can't wait for Wednesday.

5 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, November 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I live in Beaverton, OR, too! Yup, agree the election cannot be over soon enough. Let's keep our fingers crossed that all works out well, and we can get on with the business of repairing our country after 8 years of abuse & neglect. Take your trip to Mexico. You deserve it. Have a good time.

Jan

 
At 5:57 PM, November 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norb and I are LOL about your hair, and the spilled soup, and the fact that you have no tape! You spend every Saturday in Target ... buy a roll of Scotch tape!

And we agree 100%, Wednesday can't come soon enough.

love ya,
janie

 
At 6:43 PM, November 02, 2008, Blogger JJ said...

Jan - Thanks! And welcome to TtheD!
Janie - Yeah, but I always cruise right by the cards/giftwrap section...

You'll be happy to know I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon and not ONE door knock...

 
At 7:56 PM, November 02, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

I know this is bad but your post was funny. What's not funny is that I can envision this happening to me and ranting and raving on my blog just like you!

Sorry your Sunday got all screwed up. With any luck...the person you voted for will win!

 
At 10:59 AM, November 05, 2008, Blogger dichuy said...

How DID you find my sad, little blog??? I just recently remembered I had one and changed the name and added a post. I'm going to try and do better. Glad to be back in touch as I've come to terms with the fact that I just am not good at e-mailing friends and family! Cuidate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home