Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This was all in my head just now and needed to get out.

I just got the shit beat out of me tonight on the phone bank, and the thing is, I can't fault these people for it because I, too, cannot stand the political calls this time of year. But I do it because I said I would and I am nothing if I am not Integrity Girl, and so "smile-and-dial" I did, and people were mean and called me names and hung up on me and yelled at me and one guy took his phone and beat it on the counter a couple of times (wow, I've done that, but you know, I always made sure the caller had already hung up), and AGAIN, I am not blaming them, but I ask you - if you don't recognize the number, and it's 6 days from Election Day, why not just DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE? And furthermore, for all of you who were in bed sleeping because you get up early, why (again) answer the phone if you are trying to sleep? I don't. It's probably going to be some political call.

Like I said, I don't fault them for being pissed off at me, but it still sucked. I'm tired, and I have to watch ANTM on DVR tomorrow night instead, and dodge everyone at work tomorrow who wants to tell me who got booted, and I am hungry but it's 9:30, and I have to get up at 5am.

So there. Poor me. Blah.

3 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, October 30, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

I sorry :(

I make you love me long time?

 
At 10:06 AM, October 30, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last week was like that too. The people were mean and aweful. I was exhausted afterwards. Just remember that the TWO or THREE people that listened to you last night could've been the difference in securing a democratic outcome. (At least that's what I tell myself) At least we're DONE! YAY! Becky H.

 
At 4:58 PM, October 30, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama's folks have been calling my CO line for over a year! McCain's folks just called for the first time the other day, and it was a RECORDING, those dinks!

Lots of groups have been calling too, but I get off easy when I say that I already voted!!! Nice to not have to engage them.

But you are such a good girl for doing it and for keeping on doing and keeping on keeping on. I know it sucks to make cold calls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home