Sunday, September 28, 2008

I don't know, I just feel like I SHOULD blog

Because, you know, everyone else is so much better at keeping up with their own blogs.

And of course, now that I am typing, I have a kitten on me wanting to snuggle. Oh kitten. (Maura is convinced that they can no longer be kittens, but she's wrong.)

I'm not going to begin each blog by saying "So I survived another week at work...", but I did.

I had a spider in the casita yesterday, first one in quite a while. It's news, seriously. For me anyway. I blasted it, but in my estimation probably not enough, because it pretty much fell right away behind the cedar chest in the dining room. Now it's hard for me to go in there without a complete carpet check. I'm afraid if the kittens find it and attempt to ingest it there could be trouble. But they can't get back there any more than I would want to.

The Ducks kicked the shit out of WSU yesterday, so that's good.

I'm back to regular (not 1/2 decaf) coffee on the weekends. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

I'm doing some volunteer work for Planned Parenthood. I have made a pretty good commitment for after-work-hours for the next few weeks. Not sure how fired up I am about it. I mean, what if I've had a particularly stressful day? What if I don't feel like leaving the house again when I get home from work?

I'm sick of pretty much all of my work clothes.

It's supposed to be in the mid 80s today. While that's good, it's late September. And I stopped tanning so I am back to ghostly white. Which means positively no shorts. So I guess my options are stay inside all day (what else have I got to do anyway?) and stay inside all day.

I need an adventure. I need a goal. I'm sick of being scared of pay-period-ending day. That's when the managers come in to the branch with an envelope. If you don't know what I am talking about then you are probably not being affected by the changes in the housing market.

I'm trying to figure out if I should book a trip in December. I have like 10 days off. I want to go (to Cancun, duh) but the cost... yeesh. I really only prefer to stay in one of the Royal Resorts, but did I mention the cost? And especially going sola? Not to mention airfare. What the fuck is that all about? I don't suppose you have any vacation time coming up, do you Liz?

Seriously. I need an adventure. Or at least something to look forward to.

I can't believe I'm 43. When did THAT all happen?

I've been sitting at the cracktop off and on since 6:30 this morning. And that's pretty sad. But the only thing I really have to do today is laundry, change out the litter box (God I hate doing that), finish "Twilight" (if you have an opportunity, it's good mindless fun in a series), go get the second book in that series, and go get the milk I forgot to buy at the supermarket yesterday. Woo hoo!

I'd like to think that some people are genuinely shocked to see how boring my life has really become.

I wish that dang Kelly Dean would email me back.

That's pretty much all I've got for you this morning. Go read Heather's blog, though, and see if that song isn't stuck in YOUR head for the next half of the day.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, September 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I missed that memo about getting so close to 40, too. I looked in the mirror this morning and I swear to Christ, someone has replaced my head with my mother's. I was 18 years old when she was my age. Fuuuuuuck.

Keep writing even when you don't feel like it. It helps. Me, I mean. It helps me. I don't know if it will do anything for you or not.

 
At 11:05 AM, September 29, 2008, Blogger AFG said...

hey there, you know we all need a little adventure in life, but sounds like you're doing just fine creating mini adventures!

plus that volunteering work sounds great, and if you have had a stressful day at work, all the better to turn around and go help someone else. i know volunteering is meant to be philanthropic, but it really is a win win situation. giving is important but most times you get more than you give.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home