Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hot.

Hi.

So it's been a relatively uneventful week, working at the 2-person office (that we are closing, it turns out, mid-September). This time it was with Whitney, so I didn't even once feel like throwing a chair through a window or beating someone senseless with a two-hole punch. Just a chill week. Not one bento. Chill.

And it's hot out. Hot. Like I think in the 100s. Somewhere I saw where yesterday was like 104 or something and today is supposed to be like 105 or something, I don't know. Hot. And with a twinge of humidity. Not like Yucatan-style, or for that matter even Cleveland-style, but a twinge, just enough for it to get all muggy in your living room while you watch, YET AGAIN, reruns of America's Next Top Model, the cycle where Danielle won and the whole time everyone was giving her shit about her southern accent, about how no one can understand her, but you know when you think about it, nobody could understand that horrific Natalya or whatever her name was, the mail-order bride? but nobody ever gave her any shit for it. Whatever.

Because you KNOW, there is another cycle upon us. Soon.

And so even though I have not been blogging much around here, I do have a link to my brother-in-law's blog, where I have guest-posted. It's here: The Last Great Road Trip. You should go over there and look. I mean, not just because this is a link to something that I wrote for him, but also because his blog isn't all about driving his rig up and down ice roads and shit. It's actually got some good categories about diversity and humankind and all that. Happy stuff.

I am in some kind of a mood today, not sure what, but right now, all the way down the hall, I can smell the kitty litter box. Or maybe it's just the smell of their new adult kitty food. I didn't tell you they graduated this week, did I? Yep. Adult ages 1-7, indoor cat formula. It smells like the ranch I used to spend my summers on when I was a kid. Kinda livestock-y. They eat it, but I am wondering if it is just because they have no other options. Nicky claims the pet food reps hang out at the PetSmart on Saturdays, so once my hair dries and I finish this post I am going to run over there and see. Because they allegedly hand out samples. So yeah, I got that going on today.

Next week, that Marshy and I are going to drive up to Canada. We're going to see that Mexico (Out of the) Way and drink and see the city of Vancouver and all that. I've never been to Canada. I'm excited.

I'll be downtown Monday and Tuesday of this coming week and then I'll be back in the new and expanded Lincoln Tower for the rest of it, and then vacations. Sort of. I was asked to work the Thursday and Friday of it to cover someone who wanted those days off. I'm kind of not in a position to turn that down. I'm the only float left and I feel like if I piss them off or something... I don't know. I could use a crystal ball. Or Bridie.

Off to do my Saturday. Look at what has been regurgitated! My goodness!

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, August 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the guest post. You are always welcome on the blog... maybe a Micro-road trip to the vet w/ the kitties post. You know how everyone loves kitty conflict.

Again thanks for the post.

 
At 11:30 AM, August 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you and Marsh have fun in Vancouver. It's cool there - be sure to ride a double-decker bus. Becky H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home