Sunday, August 03, 2008

No time for me time

I like Annette (at work), I really do. She's a great gal. But her desk is, well, quite a desk. Though I didn't have a ton of files close last week, I sure worked like I did.

So she closes for a real estate agent that my brother Joey has known since the UofO, and I don't have to tell you it's been like 40 years. Actually she closes for like three guys he has known that long. Steve M. was in a transaction, well, he still is, until Monday (by God that file is GOING TO CLOSE on Monday), and he had to sign some papers with his mom, who is like 82 or something and it's just kind of a pain in the ass for her to come up to the office and sign them. So since Annette had agreed to sign them at their home in Woodburn (30 miles away or something), since she was on vacation, I agreed to do it. I mean, it's not like I don't know the guy. In theory, I've known him since I was two years old. So that was Wednesday. Thursday we were supposed to get loan documents on the transaction, but they of course didn't come, I waited until around 6:30 Thursday night for them but left when I realized the girl doing them had left for the day about an hour and a half earlier. Nobody tells escrow anything.

Friday I waited some more, and finally got the docs around 3pm. The buyer works as a truck driver, and though I would have liked to have signed him Friday night, his wife said he would be in bed at that point, as he had to work Saturday. So I arranged to meet them at 3pm on Saturday (yes, Saturday, and I'm a floater, so tell me what is up with me?) after I picked up my mom from the airport. I worked the file up, found I needed more money, and phoned the wife at around 5:30pm. She said, Hey! He doesn't have to work tomorrow! So we decided, what the hell, let's meet at the TA truck stop in Aurora and get these babies signed! We did, I got home around 8 or so, and felt immensely better. I think they did too.

Saturday I was up and out the door at 9:30 - went to the office, did the send back on the file, called the processor (her role was to take the packages to Fedex so the lender and the recorder would have their docs in time to fund on Monday), chatted for a bit with her, and then went over and took Tom to the Fred Meyers for some grocery shopping (because on top of being dedicated, I am also really nice). I dropped him off, and hit the road to the airport for the 12:59pm pickup. Unfortunately I had not checked on the flight status prior to doing anything earlier, so on a whim I phoned my sister Maura in Washington and had her check the status (Tom doesn't have a computer at home).

Scheduled time: 12:59pm
Estimated time: 3:40pm

What is with the flipping airlines these days? Apparently the original plane was leaking oil (what is it, a 62 Buick?) so they had to switch aircraft. I mean, that's good, you want that, but what about the people that came IN on this plane? Good Lord. I got this news of course while in the tunnel on Hwy 26, so I just got on I-5 south and went home (brief stop at Shelia's to check it out with my own eyes). (Not that I didn't believe Maura, but, well, I guess I didn't). So I got all the way home, had a bite to eat, and left an hour and a half later. At this point the pick up was smooth, but we had to make some stops along the way and I got home at 6:45 at the end of it all. Exhausted. I never have this flurry of activity on a Saturday.

The bummer of it is that Dave E. is in town from Wisconsin (well, not really "in" town, he's in McMinnville, which is like 4000 miles away, or 30 if you don't exaggerate) and I had been threatening to go meet up with him since Thursday. Now it is Sunday, all my obligations are met, and I will go meet him at around 2:30.

Busy week/weekend. I guess that's a good thing, all that lazy laying around was kind of getting to me.

Now you're caught up. Maybe later I will tell you about how much money I have spent on gas in the last four days. But talking about how broke I am doesn't make me feel any better.


At 1:32 PM, August 03, 2008, Blogger Marita said...

I sure hope Dave bougth you supper, being so nice of you to go all that way to see him! Well, you know he appreciates it, especially since it gives him a chance to get away from the dread of work.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home