Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ugh

Sometimes things just kind of suck. We lost a really good person today - she gets to stay until October 3 because there are a lot of vacations going on in the Beaverton branch right now, and they will need her. But soon we'll be saying goodbye to my little Grand Master Janet because apparently there will be more layoffs and how do you choose in a branch like Beaverton? We are down to nuts and bolts right now as it is. I cannot imagine how difficult it will be for her to come in to work tomorrow. I know it just about killed the branch manager who had to choose and then do it, and I have no idea what all of this means to my own job, but the whole thing sucks and I am just sick about it.

I really haven't heard about anybody else yet, but mostly because Beaverton did this a day early due to the manager's vacation beginning tomorrow. Beaverton is not a branch overladen with drama, like some, but it will be difficult never the less. I hope I make it through tomorrow myself. If I don't, I guess that's the way life is sometimes and I just have to figure out what to do next. You'd think by now I would sort of know, but I really haven't come to that full realization yet. Not smart, but with unemployment (next to nothing by the way) at least I'll have a tiny bit of time. Ugh.

Work pretty much has been all consuming on that end, since this branch knew it was going down since last week, so everyone has had sort of a thin veneer of fear on their faces. I don't know which way would be better - know SOMEone has to go and anticipate the likeliness of YOU, or to have it sprung on you on the last day of the pay period. Yeah I do, both suck.

On the brighter side, good news from up north and frankly I am not in the slightest bit surprised - who wouldn't be thrilled to have you on their team?? So we'll leave this on the happy note and go slump in front of the TV with a book and some soft-furred little animals.

3 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, September 12, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

Aww shucks thanks. But you know that really really sucks it's horrible. I know what it's like to wonder each day if that is your last. :(

Hoping this is it!

 
At 8:15 PM, September 12, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

I meant isn't it. Frig. My brain is mush.

 
At 4:24 PM, September 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor janet; she is a good woman; that is too bad; i hope they give her a good severance package; and that they are letting her stay until oct 3rd is good, because then her insurances will run through the end of october; it still sucks, though.....:)....vik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home