Saturday, September 06, 2008

Moving forward

So this morning I am up and showered and ready to go paint housing and stuff for an organization that one of our marketing reps at work is involved with. I can't remember the name right now but I am sure by the time I get back I will know it very well, so perhaps I will let you know then. Essentially it is transitional housing for, I don't know who, but whoever they are, they need help painting buildings and doing some yard work. Kellie C. at work roped me into this but when I agreed to do it, I knew my karma could use some beefing up, so here I sit, sipping iced coffee and waiting for 7:45 when it's time to hit the road. It's all the way in Milwaukie, and to those of you who do not know, that is FAR.

I have been in the Beaverton branch all week, and will for a couple more weeks, and I like that branch. Busy and lots of stuff to do. There (of course) will be some major changes coming in the next week or so, but I am hoping my position will be somewhat safe for now. I've been doing a lot of thinking recently about what's next. Wednesday the management team came in and gave me a Service Star (a recognition kind of thing with a plaque and new business cards) so I could go either way with that - they like me so much they will keep me, or it's a consolation prize - we really like you but you know we still have to say goodbye. Who knows what is going on in their heads. But thinking about it just makes you want to lay down and sleep for a week so I am not going to do that anymore.

I got an email while I was away in Canada from Bally's, the gym I belonged to pre-Cancun-the-first-time. I used to go to bed at 9:20 (on the dot) every night so that I could be up by 4:30 every morning before work and get to the gym. It was great for my attitude as well as other things, and a good routine. While in Cancun I sort of lost my debit card (long story, some know it, others may not want to know it), and that was what the $7 monthly payment was attached to, but I forgot about that, and when I noticed that the fee was no longer coming out of my bank account, I sort of figured I would deal with it later. Now it's been over two years.

Work has a deal with 24 Hour Fitness that they waive the start up fee and you pay like $40 a month to use any of their gyms. That's fine and all that, but when you have been paying $7, it's hard to make that jump. I was going to, though, but just didn't get around to it. When I phoned Bally's about a year and a half ago to pretend like it was a small lapse in time and could they reinstate me at the same terms, they were like, um, no, it's been WAY too long. So I sit. And walk very little, and live where there are no stairs.

Anyway I get this email and it says, reinstate your old membership for just $99 so I call - turns out, it is $99 total for the year, no monthly. Can't beat THAT with a stick, so all I need to do now is get a new card and I am in. I would have gone this morning but, you know, I gotta paint houses. Perhaps tomorrow morning. Definitely Monday. That will feel good, I think. I need more routines.

Other than that not much going on. I'll miss half the Duck game today, but that's probably fine, and it's weird not having multiple days off (beyond two), but I am back in the swing of things and continuing to work on my little casita. Somewhat normal life goes on.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home