Saturday, November 08, 2008

Gobama

Just so I can say it for everyone and perhaps be done with it, I don't give a shit who YOU voted for, quit giving me shit for who I voted for. And for the constant bitching I see that isn't directed at me, get over it. If it gets all fucked up (MORE fucked up, I mean) then woo hoo, you get the cookie. You can say I told you so in 8 years. Yay you.

I'm on a mission to find this dang Cafe Bustelo that I have been drinking for the last few weeks. I don't go to a huge variety of supermarkets. But I bought some of this Cuban (style?) coffee some weeks ago and now I am out and can't figure out where I bought it. I usually either go to the Fred Meyer, the Safeway, or the Haggens, and I am ruling out the Haggens because it was under $5 when I bought it and the Haggens doesn't have ANYTHING under $5 so it certainly wasn't there. At lunch yesterday I hit A Fred Meyer (not MY Fred Meyer) and A Safeway (not the closer Safeways) and neither had it, but don't they all have the same buyers? So I'm stumped. I am meeting Kim S. at Starbucks in a little while and will perhaps check out the Cost Plus and see if THEY have it. I am just stumped.

And bitter because the coffee I am drinking this morning is bleck now, weak and not Cuban (style). Which is just throwing this morning in to a tailspin.

I'm still employed. Five other people that I know of are not, as of Thursday. It sucks. But it's the environment I am living in and that's the way it goes.

I am not booked for Mexico as of this writing, not for December anyway, so I am not really sure where that is going. I am hoping I get some kind of sign.

Shit is happening in my world right now that I will not blog about because nobody understands it and it's a drag trying to explain it and trying to make people understand it when you know they never will. So the gloomy weather outside my window simply makes me turn inward, and apparently this is irritating (frustrating? better word?) some of my friends and I'm sorry about that but that's the way it is.

And on account of all the turning inward and lack of anything else going on, this is what you get - drivel. Blathering, empty, boring drivel. The dust will settle soon, I'm sure. Who will be left when it does? You know, besides the cats, who pretty much have to put up with it.

And speaking of the cats, it dawned on me on Thursday evening, after having spent an enormous amount of time on the phone, that when I am talking on the phone, the kitties have no idea that there is someone on the other side. They just think I am crazy. That I am just this crazy human talking away non-stop. No wonder they are so skittish. I've been pretty animated lately.

K103, a local radio station, has switched their format over to all-Christmas-music-all-the-time already, and it's just early November. I am not sure why that just bugs the CRAP out of me, but it does. My radio station selections are pretty limited in this market as it is.

Okay then, rambling done. Seriously, the coffee makes a big difference.

7 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, November 08, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said...

I first had Cafe Bustelo in Miami, it's Italian expresso grind, I seem to remember. Yeah, I know what you mean about coffee we either drink Cuban or Arabic coffee. We were drinking Cubita but the place we bought it from just stopped being open. One day there was a padlock on the gate and we had to find new coffee to drink!
I don't think I could stand to live where it's not sunny.
regards,
Theresa

ps I am glad you are blogging again.

 
At 2:08 PM, November 08, 2008, Blogger JJ said...

Thanks, Theresa :). To update, I found the dang coffee - at the Winco, which has a huge Latin foods section. I pretty much knew I would find it, but the Winco is a zoo, especially at 1pm on a Saturday. Worth it though, I gotta say.

 
At 4:25 PM, November 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Nov. 8th and they put the Christmas tree up today in front of the courthouse in Pittsburgh ... every year it's earlier and earlier, and yesterday it was 71 degrees!

I wish I had some good coffee.

janie

 
At 5:56 PM, November 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoping you do find that sign and book for December. would love to see you!

Very glad you are still employed.

Very glad you found the coffee and also that the kits don't just call for the men in white coats with the padded truck to take you away. I know mine would, if I hadn't hidden the phone.

 
At 5:45 AM, November 09, 2008, Blogger CancunCanuck said...

JJ, glad you got the essential coffee, I'm smelling my Starbucks brewing right now and I must say that coffee is one of earth's most lovely (and necessary) delights.

Chin up, sorry to hear about secret troubles. Open up when you are ready, you know there are folks that are here for you!

 
At 11:40 AM, November 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you still have a job, JJ! I'd like to point out that Christmas decorations (including the life-size Santa singing carols in Spanish...for the front lawn nobody has in Cancun) have been in Walmart and Chedraui since August. WTF?! THAT bugs me.

Btw, I happily and proudly voted for OBAMA too! If anybody has a problem with that, they can suck it. ;-)

 
At 8:07 PM, November 09, 2008, Blogger dichuy said...

Yo girl, hang in there.

By the way, I'm so irritated that our stores here in NYC started putting up Christmas stuff BEFORE FUCKING Halloween!!!!!!!!!! It really pisses me off. We aren't going to spend more this terrible shopping season JUST because you put up your decorations. If anything, it makes me NOT want to shop at those stores as I'm sick of looking at it all. DOn't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas decorations. I guess I just miss putting them up the day after Thanksgiving that's all. Sorry to say a lot of bad words on your blog. The other thing that annoys me about our local Christmas station is that you will hear the same song, by the same artist 5 times a day. HELLO? I could lend them my Christmas CD collection and we would get a lot more variety. I write them every week asking for Ertha singing "Santa Baby", or Frank singing out some smooth xmas tunes. But no, same songs day after day after day and year after year. Sigh. I feel your pain. Besos, di and chuy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home