Thursday, November 06, 2008

In with the in-crowd.

I bitched a little bit about it, but in the end I think it paid off, all that phonebanking (which, frankly, wasn't really THAT much, in retrospect). We have voted in a new POTUS, and I'm happy that so many chose the same one I did. It's a long row to hoe, no doubt, and I am sure the opposed will be super-critical, but hey, we live in the United States of America - support your president, that's just the way it has to be. Or, you know, move.

My election night elation was somewhat dampered by a pissing contest I got into with my sister-in-law on chat. Apparently she assumed I was Republican, since just about everyone in my family is. The ignorance and hate she spewed forth was disheartening. Pretty much a conglomeration of all of the anti-Obama emails I have received over the last year or so being used as fodder for argument. Even the crazy ones. I have supported my party, but really, up until maybe 6 months ago I could have gone either way, McCain or Obama (of course, the icing on the cake, the foot that shoved me right over the fence was that insult of a VP running mate selection), and truthfully, if McCain had won, though I would have been bummed a little bit, scared, sure, I still in the end would have supported him. He's my president for Pete's sake.

I guess in the end what makes me happiest is that I have heard from and about people from all over the world celebrating the win. Sure, it's probably because this just means Bozo is leaving the White House, but it will be nice to have other countries support our president. Or, you know, at least not laugh at him.

So I am sure that the 17 readers of my little blog come from both sides of the partisan fence, and that is great - we live in a land of choices. It's time to start looking toward the future, and getting to the (very difficult) task of cleaning up the mess.

2 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, November 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must tell you that watching from Tulum, Mexico was fascinating. The only news channel we get spent most of its Nancy Grace time on Nancy Grace. So you could ask me what was going with toddler Caylie and that singer, Jennifer Hudson. But I had to Google both the concession speech and Obama’s victory speech the next day. I must however thank the Mexican news for covering it fully. Luckily my Spanish has improved a great deal. I am glad no one else will be pounding on your door. And I am very glad Obama won, maybe we will be seeing you sooner then we thought!!!

 
At 4:55 PM, November 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I always agree with you I think. But this time I agree. Grin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home