Saturday, February 07, 2009

Sweeping up the mind clutter

Wow have I been negligent. So sorry. You know, the problem with having a kajillion thoughts running through your mind at all hours is that you don't know what might or might not be blog-worthy. And though I am noticing that seriously very few people read this thing, I still tend to be selective about what I put to keyboard. It doesn't matter, none of it makes much sense anyway.

I don't have much to report besides being busy at work and somewhat social afterward. I actually went to the movies ("Slumdog Millionaire" - I'll be like everyone else and recommend you see it. It really is a great movie), and spent time with a friend from 30 years ago, catching up (Oh the magic of social-networking sites!). Took care of some business and did my duty. Wound up completely exhausted but still up by 6am on a Saturday.

Spring is coming. It has to. I need an adventure-boost.

Happy Saturday!








45 years ago a boy came in to this world, I can only assume full of spunk and fire and destined for a rough-and-tumble youth. 18 years later, his world collided into mine for a brief few months of happy-sad-drama-pain-longing-victory-excitement-power-crazy-high-low-bedlam-sweetness-heartbreak, and upon leaving just as quickly as he came, firmly secured himself into my history and memory like no one else ever would or ever could. Years pass, lives are lived, fate throws a curve ball that gets hit out of the park. Though I am happy to have him in my thoughts again daily, it's pain and sorrow and hurt mixed in with joy and love and delight, peppered with concern and confusion and determination. Happy Birthday to a boy who came and never left.

4 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, February 07, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog very much! :) I'm one of the few that your talking about and would be disappointed to ready your blog!

 
At 6:59 PM, February 07, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

Well thank you! I consider the recycle bin of my mind, so it will always be here. Full of the crazy whacked-out-ness of my head. :)

 
At 8:11 PM, February 08, 2009, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Keep it crazy woman. Then again, if you run out of fun shit to talk about- head south and we will give you some more. :)It was great to talk to you the other day.

 
At 11:07 AM, February 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming to Edgefield for my Birthday on Friday. It was awesome to see you. It only reminds me how much I miss seeing you more often. :) Becky H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home