Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another icon of my youth says farewell

Ricardo Montalban has left this earth.

I'm that generation that watched "Fantasy Island" Saturday nights (after "The Loveboat" of course) growing up. Ricardo was probably my first introduction to "persons who sounded different than me". Add to that the tropical island, madcap vacation adventures and abundant fruity drinks and you might say that he was a fairly big influence in my life. Go figure.

But like all fallen icons in my past, I have a little bit of sadness and remembrance to carry with me today.

Rest in peace, SeƱor. May your casket be lined in fine Corinthian leather.

2 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, January 15, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who can forget "you look fabulous" from the paradies on SNL? Or is that aging myself?

 
At 10:51 AM, January 19, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Billy Crystal's parody doing the "You look marvelous" on SNL were actually a parody of Fernando Lamas. The imitation is dead-on. Becky H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home