Monday, January 21, 2008

How I spent my day off

So today is a holiday and we have it off, so I arranged to meet one of the auction buyers out at the lender's office near Mall 205 so she could sign her papers. She was having issues with the property's completion, and she resolved them on Saturday, so I figured let's just get this one over with. Mall 205 is like 7000 miles away from me, over in SE Portland (I am in a SW suburb) (Portland is divided into SW, SE, NE and NW - East and West are divided by the Willamette River, and North and South by Burnside Road - or maybe it's Street. I can't remember). The appointment was for 10am and I was out of there by 11, and back on my way to Lincoln Tower to complete the send back. I'm that nice.

So I took the NOT through downtown Portland way back to the west side, and what I observed is that the difference between driving on the west side and driving on the east side is the east side people all tow stuff. Horse trailers, wrecked cars, empty flat bed trailers, two trailers hitched to each other full of balled trees, industrial trucks, tanker trucks, construction vehicles, landscapers. Every 2nd car was towing something. And not all of them were trucks, either. Probably every 3rd one was a four-door sedan. It was kind of windy so they were all over the dang road, and you know, it's easy to avoid one or two, but when just about every other car out there has something attached to its tail, it's hard to be safe. I couldn't get to the west side fast enough.

Anyway, I went to my office and took care of business and blew off tanning and instead went through the Taco Bell drive-thru for a Cheesey Gordita Crunch (just like mom used to make) because they have been advertised all weekend and I just felt I should try one. Lots of shell... you got your Gordita thick like a pita thing, then you got your regular hard taco shell situation, and then I think they may even throw in an extra flour tortilla just to fuck up your teeth, I'm not sure, I just really needed to work extra hard to find the meat. But you know, there's another thing I have done that I can finally mark off the list. So now, it's my day off, time to chill a little bit before the work week turns my insides into barbed wire and spaghetti sauce again.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, January 21, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

My favorite line from this blog (mostly because you swore):

"Lots of shell... you got your Gordita thick like a pita thing, then you got your regular hard taco shell situation, and then I think they may even throw in an extra flour tortilla just to fuck up your teeth, I'm not sure, I just really needed to work extra hard to find the meat."

Now post that ice story will ya!??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home