Monday, January 14, 2008

I suppose you are wondering

where I've been (that's beeeeen, like "Have you any idea where I've beeeen these last few hours?" A cookie for anyone who gets where that comes from, and Becky H, no fair because I know you know). I think you know I've either been at work or on the sofa more or less. You don't want to hear about this. You do not want to hear about how all I do is sit, staple-gunned to the computer for 10 hours every day, taking STUPID calls, working up and re-working up and then RE-working up files hour after hour after hour. Sure, sometimes I get to pee, but not very often. I don't recognize some of my coworkers because I have been trapped in my office all day. And you don't want to know that when I went to run my Saturday errands I had what I guess was some kind of panic attack in the car from the tanning salon to the supermarket, and seriously considered going home in between to mellow out for God's sake, but didn't because I HAD TO GO TO THE SUPERMARKET I'LL NEVER LEAVE THE APARTMENT AGAIN IF I DON'T GO TO THE SUPERMARKET (pant pant)(wipe sweat from brow)(pant pant). And you don't want to know how even after I got home from the supermarket and managed to get all the crap upstairs and put away that I was still feeling the panic attack and pretty much passed out on the sofa for a few hours. And you probably don't want to know that I didn't leave the apartment on Sunday, but that isn't TOO surprising. And how I felt like I should blog, but, you know, what have I done since the last post besides exactly what I just said?

NOTHING. But work.

The end of this week is the drop dead end of it all (in theory) and for me anyway because I go downtown and cover for someone else for a week. Plus we get Monday off. Sweet, another day to do much of nothing. The problem with the in-between all that and now is that there are roughly 60 more files that need loan docs that need to be worked up and scheduled and oh my hell.

I have a job and I thank God and everyone for that. Truly. I need a big fat cold beer and no shoes and a beach and some sun and some down time and then, maybe then, you will have something to read.

So, you know, look forward to February.

4 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, January 14, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

Breathe!!!!!!

And then go by yourself an expensive purse and snap out of it!

It's all good. You'll get it done and you'll be at the beach in no time.

You're kick ass and you know it.

 
At 11:14 PM, January 14, 2008, Blogger ARrrrrr said...

It's hard to sympathize, when I have spent last week in Hawaii.

 
At 9:16 AM, January 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey at least you are not bored. But it does sound like you need a break, a beach break. Hang in there my dear.

 
At 1:02 PM, January 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Is that your purse? That's a nice purse."

Or, my favorite..."Penelope! Those men wanted to have SEX with meh!"

BH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home