Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tired and uninspired

But you know, I gotta post.

NOTHING is new. I get up, I take a shower, I go to work. I come home, I have some dinner, I watch TV, I go to bed. Day in. Day out.

Work is busy. This auction stuff is supposed to all be closed by January 18, and we'll do it, it's the getting there that is exhausting. Jan-o noted today that the good news is, we all got over our sick (I mentioned earlier how we all got sick at the same time and Sarah D commented on how it sounded like a vacation in a TB ward). Imagine if we had all this work to do then! Now that it's so close to the drop-dead date it's nothing but work up files, sign files, send back files and fund files. Or try anyway. Mild issue with one of the lead banks, and frankly, they don't have a leg to stand on. But I can't really say much more about that. The bottom line is it's a long day and then a short night and the best news is this five day work week FLEW by. I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow.

So I am sure you are all (Marshy) dying to know about the pinky-pact-induced "situation". Yeah I ran out of cigarettes on Wednesday morning. I packed the stupid Commit lozenges that stranger gave me in an airport bar in Phoenix last year when I said "Cancun" and he heard "London". I had no cigarettes for the drive in, and none to smoke in the day. By I don't know, 11:30 there were three casualties (lately I have been a lot nicer than my pre-living-in-Cancun-the-first-time days. Back before I moved away seriously I was a raving bitch. I mean I was sometimes nice - 3pm on Fridays, to name a time-frame, but I was cranky, mean, bitter and snappy about 90% of the time. My defense is that I always pre-disclosed this to new people, like our revolving-door temp receptionists. Mostly they never remembered my pre-disclosing and complained. But, you know, management has always liked me, so...) and these were people who were not used to cranky-bitter-jaded Joyce. Well get over of it, it's just a job. By about 3pm seriously I was light headed and borderline crazed, complete with googley eyes and flailing arms. You think I'm kidding. I slugged down so much green tea I spent most of the afternoon in the bathroom, which caused voicemails (I hate voicemail, H A T E it), which made me even crazier and more flailingly googley. I would lose it and snap at my computer, then suck up to some customer on the phone, then storm off to the kitchen doling out random stink eyes to anyone I thought was looking at me funny. Bad. BAD.

Then I drove home. It was raining (hey, that's odd for JANUARY) and so seriously 30 minutes later I am 2 blocks from the office, and 40 minutes later I was still not even halfway home but I WAS right in front of a 7-11 so you can just IMAGINE what I bought when I yanked the wheel to the right and pulled in.

Okay, so in my defense, here is the deal - smoked a few last night, and two this morning, and none at work (until like 1:30 when I bummed one from Jan-o). I could have taken a Commit but to be honest I am terrified of those things. Gloria has been addicted to them for four years. Good Christ.

But really there isn't much of a defense. It's harder than CRAP to quit, and during this stressful auction time... okay I'll shut up. It has to be done, and I will continue to try. I promise. So everyone just GET OFF MY BACK! (See the mood swings??)

Okay there is nothing here. I am pretty much typing to type and filling the void and that's all I have for you. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week, and perhaps when I post next I will have something of value.

Peace out.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, January 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutting back is fabulous and i am very proud of you for taking the first step even in the midst of a chaotic situation! GO JOYCE!!!

Hugs-
The Cancun Cheering Squad

 
At 5:02 PM, January 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"random stink eyes"


Oh my hell .. HA! HA! HA!


janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home