Monday, December 31, 2007

Coffee ringing

So I was driving in to work this morning thinking, I should blog about how good that dang Dunkin Donuts coffee is. But then I realized I couldn't blog until after work, and by then I wouldn't be reeling in the aftermath of it's coffee goodness. Seriously, it's really good. We don't have a Dunkin Donuts around us I don't think - we used to over there at that hideous intersection where Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy meets Scholls Ferry Road meets Oleson Road, but that turned into a Sesame Donuts about the time I was working at that Raleigh Hills branch of Pacific NW Title, so what would that be, about 1999? 2000? And even then I never went in it when it was a Dunkin Donuts, and I certainly didn't ever have any coffee from there. But I started hearing about it right around the time I watched "Good Will Hunting" for the first time, which was actually about 7 times in a row, because it was on one of those Pay Per View channel specials that my friend Kris had where you bought it and could watch it over and over for the next 24 hours if you wanted to. Well I saw it the one time and you bet I wanted to watch it again, and again, and again. I think that was probably my first noted introduction to Dunkin Donuts coffee. In retrospect, I am pretty sad about having missed out on it for all those years. Except I saw a commercial recently playing in the background that it was now available at the supermarket, and I remembered just in passing thinking, woo hoo, you know, all Portland needs is another brand of coffee, right? So Saturday I was in the Target, picking up some paper products and health and beauty aids, and I figured I should pick up some diet A&W because I was running low (I don't drink a lot of pop, but when I do, it's diet A&W root beer, because, frankly, it rocks) and I was back there in the department that has grocery stuff, and I was reminded that I needed coffee. So I was grabbing a bag of Starbucks, and then I noticed the Dunkin Donuts brand. So I bought it. And yesterday I made a pot. Oh my hell. That's good coffee. To the point where I was almost excited to get up and have more this morning (I need to like convince myself to get up, so whether it's Yay it's casual day get up, or Woo hoo, you just got a haircut let's style it, or Yay America's Next Top Model is on tonight, you know, I have to find that thing that will get me up. This morning it was the coffee). So yeah it was just as good as the day before, and like I said, after having had some, and driving into work, I was thinking I should blog about it, but really, I mean, it's just coffee, and by the end of the work day the odds of me remembering it are pretty slim, and plus it's like the last day of the year, and I should probably be a little bit more insightful, or deep, or retrospectful or something, rather than just post about how good this Dunkin Donuts coffee situation is. But I can't really think of anything deep and insightful this evening, and the coffee is still pretty fresh in my mind, after this whole day and everything, so here's my post, the last of 2007.

Happy New Year, everyone! Thanks for being my faithful readers, even if so many of you just wanted to know the origin of the Toyota sales event commercial song or if Mighty Putty really works. But to all the true faithfuls, thanks for all the great comments and happy thoughts when I needed them and support and for laughing at my rants and jokes and stuff because, you know, that's why we all keep blogging, when you get right down to it.

Cheers to a brand new year!

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, January 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like Dunkin Donuts coffee, but today at Target I got Starbucks on sale for $6.29 ... that's a bargain!

Happy New Year, Joyceeee!

luv,
janie

 
At 5:41 PM, January 02, 2008, Blogger AFG said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!
you know, i don't drink coffee, or even chocolate. strictly tea girl..which you probably knew. but when i lived in ecuador, the one place i used to drink hot chocolate in was dunkin donuts, so here here, i'm with you.
hope 2008 is full of wonderful things to you ...and look forward to seeing you down this way soon.
A.

 
At 10:42 PM, January 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're killing me, Joyce, KILLING ME! Dunkin' Donuts was my coffee of choice. Had one a block from my house.

Now I drink Cafe Garat from the grocery store and it sucks.

BTW, thank you for noticing her pink towel. I was afraid if I mentioned it I might seem a bit obsessive. Glad I'm not alone in my insanity.

 
At 12:43 PM, January 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My one big exciting thing about getting in hte office in the morning (nor really getting me out of bed, because, you know, it's pretty far off my radar at that time) is reading your BLOG!! THanks for not disappointing me. I was embarassingly giddy to find 3 entries I hadn't read. YAY JOYCIE! Becky H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home