Monday, December 17, 2007

Cranky post

Worked on that auction all weekend. Did I mention the auction? One of our builder clients auctioned off roughly 200 homes this weekend - he sold about 140 or so. Some deals were really great, others were just good. But the deal is that we needed a ton of people to work it, and we had a great turnout.

They hired a company out of Irvine that does this auction thing professionally, and then they usually use a company called West Coast Escrow to do the closings. This particular builder wanted Gloria to close them, so we recruited a bunch of officers and assisants and got a crash course in how to handle the gig. It was crazy, busy, loud, raucous, the time flew by, I had a blast. The downside was working til roughly 6 both nights of the weekend and then going in again for this week. AND I am in Lincoln Tower and will be until the files close. So today was pretty busy in its own right.

Consequently I am tired, cranky, my feet hurt, I'm on edge, there is a kitten literally standing ON MY HEAD right now, and yet I am too tired to kick her off. To begin day 8 of my 12 day work week, I got to clean up kitty vomit in the bathroom at 4:45am this morning. And it's raining. So, you know, I'm in a shitty mood.

Kitty moved to my shoulder now, so now I guess I'm a pirate. Except it's a kitten and not a parrot.

I really dislike winter. I don't feel social and all I want to do is sleep in. I'm cold to the bone from this blasted rain. February can't come soon enough.

Off to have some dinner since I just got home. I am VERY HAPPY TO BE WORKING, don't read me wrong, but I am pretty tired and the sound of kitten claws ripping the mother loving SHIT out of my sofa is about to drive me right the hell over the edge.

Good night.

3 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, December 18, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

I loved your cranky post. I know it may not be funny to you, but it was filled with a lot of funniness which I enjoyed.

Especially the parrot cat. Because you know....we went on the lobster dinner cruise last night so it was only appropriate that you have a cat on you shoulder.

Must have been some weird voodoo shiat going on.

 
At 10:51 AM, December 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

two words - de-claw

 
At 7:28 PM, December 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you are a pirate, Joyce with an eye patch and a kitten on one shoulder. Good one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home