Saturday, August 18, 2007

Time to get out the Jesus candles

So... if you don't know it already, there's a hurricane heading toward Quintana Roo right now. Most of the day the models showed it heading straight for Cancun, but I left the house around 2:45 today, and am now just getting back to the cracktop, and now it looks like they are showing it hitting further south. Lucky for Cancun, and my friends there, but still shitty for the southern part of the state. Yick.

I just commented on Elizabeth's blog a minute ago and realized that this feeling of unrest I have had since yesterday (not the GENERAL feeling of unrest that I blogged about the other day, but a wierdish one that just started messing with me yesterday) is that whole anticipation feeling. The thing about hurricanes is they start really far away and the National Hurricane Center starts making predictions on where it is going and when it starts getting closer and closer the anticipation starts to grow and you feel like it should be hitting toNIGHT or toMORROW and not Tuesday morning. The waiting is the toughest part, I think, because you just don't know what's going to happen. I think before Emily I was more freaked out, being a hurricane virgin, because I had just no concept of anything, and then when, for Cancun, barely anything really was affected, besides no power for a few days, I was like, well crap, I can handle this. Then for Wilma I was much more complacent and cocky and she kicked the shit out of Cancun and well so much for that.

One thing I think we need to keep in mind though is that Wilma sat over us for hours and hours and hours and hours and HOURS and Dean is moving right along. Cat 4 or Cat 5 or even Cat 3 right on top of you will suck, but at least it might be gone after half a day (not GONE gone but gone enough to be able to leave the house). The worst part about Wilma is that she was so flipping relentless that nothing there even stood a chance. Wilma was just not normal. So I guess what I'm saying is that perhaps it won't be such a crappy horrid aftermath. If it even hits Cancun.

So to my friends down there, um, oddly enough, I wish I was there, battening down and buying out the Jesus candles with you all. But I ain't, so I will be watching the Weather Channel and the websites and calling you to make sure you are not feeling alone.

Suerte!

2 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, August 19, 2007, Blogger ARrrrrr said...

Those candles are awesome. You can get them for super cheap at WINCO and they burn for years.

 
At 9:11 AM, August 19, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

Thanks for the blog. It helps to know you are watching just as closely as we are and are doing what you can to keep us all as calm as possible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home