Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blogging for blogging's sake

Tonight we had a little fiesta after work - poor turnout overall but good people attended and good conversation ensued. Fun. The consensus amongst my coworkers is pretty much "Don't quit and move away again." All right, then.

So there is a hurricane heading toward Cancun again for the first time in a couple years. I guess the obvious thing to say here is "Gee I sure I don't miss THAT" but oddly enough, in a wierd way, it's something. I mean, it's SOMEthing. Here I still have to put this dang apartment together (yes, it has been since the 24th) and get to figure out where I will be work-wise beyond Monday. I spoke with one of my coworkers at the party tonight about getting some info on Ireland, you know, for like next summer or something. She was born in Ireland, raised in England, and has been here a number of years, but she knows stuff. Can't hurt to tug an ear. And then that Marita has put a bug in my ear about perhaps the west coast of Mexico, perhaps the beginning of next year, so we'll see about that. It helps, anyway. Frankly, I should just chill and forget about 42 looming in the distance (I was fine at 40, and 41, I should be fine with this one, but perhaps I am using it as a scapegoat).

So I don't have much to say - though it's been SLOW at work on the desk I am at this week, I can't blog at work, and I have fabulous things to blog about in the day that I can't remember at night (thanks to the fine folks at Coors). Maybe tomorrow I will write myself an email or something.

Because this is kind of a drag.

2 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, August 17, 2007, Blogger ARrrrrr said...

What about Australia??

 
At 3:10 PM, August 17, 2007, Blogger FJ Cruiser off road adventure said...

so the rig is coming to town... you going to be there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home