Monday, August 13, 2007

Current Obsessions

Easily one of the better shows on TV today (and of course I have to pay for it, a LOT. But it's fun and worth it.) is "Flight of the Conchords" on HBO. I had to share this with you.
Sorry, Becky H., I know you have probably seen this way too many times.

And of course there are "Entourage" and "Big Love". This time of the year there isn't much NEW on, and since I have very little life, I need something to keep me entertained. I have been back now for something like a month and a half and yet I find myself wondering what (and when) is my next big adventure... what is my problem? I think I am just restless and unsettled and frankly, I don't know how to go about ... de-restless-ing ... and settling.

You know, when you think about it, and I thought about it on my way to work this morning for some reason, we spend a lot of our younger years having something to look forward to: an upcoming trip, or a cute boy you know you'll run into, or a party on Saturday, whatever, SOMEthing. But as I was thinking about this this morning, I don't really have that much to look forward to. I mean, I have that trip to Wisconsin in September, and I am looking forward to that, but there isn't really anything ELSE to get me fired up. For the last few years I have had something sort of waiting in my future for me, and now, nothing. I guess I don't know how to live without that. So what do I do? Plan a trip? No, no, not to Cancun necessarily, but maybe someplace different - like Greece, or Ireland, or anything just totally different. But then, who to go with? And when?

I don't think that I am "old", but sometimes, I sort of feel like I'm getting there. I need something to shake me up, and again, I have only been back for a month and a half. Maybe my good friend Mexico Way will pull some cards...

5 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, August 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce - there are all kinds of wild and exciting adventures we could have! We could go to a mall on the Eastside and make fun of the poor people! Or, we could go to the beach and feed seagulls...where's it's clearly posted "Do Not Feed Seagulls"! Or, we could roller blade in one of those skate parks...and when we trip and fall, we would inevitably make the really fast and good skaters fall over us! (That would be really funny) We could have a picnic and put flowers in eachothers hair! We could eat chicken that's not quite done enough just to see what happens to us! We could take an exhiliarating (sp?) road trip to Beautiful Downtown Longview and...and...well, I'm not sure what, but it'd be an adventure! How about if we shave tiny stripes in our eyebrows like those cool rapper guys! Your devoted friend, Becky H.

 
At 8:10 PM, August 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ- Let me know when you want to go to Ireland, I'll go with you...

 
At 9:52 PM, August 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to just chillin' sans guilt. See my email for background essay.

Rebecca

 
At 12:25 PM, August 15, 2007, Blogger FJ Cruiser off road adventure said...

Well you could take Cecilia to Ireland for a month... just you and her together on a 10 hour flight... day after day in hotels, living together, seeing churches together... Smoking and drinking at the local pubs... wouldn't that be great! and you could even get t-shirts printed up to remember your time together...

something like "Dead Man Walking"

 
At 12:29 PM, August 15, 2007, Blogger FJ Cruiser off road adventure said...

ooooo and explain to Barbie that she just has to click on the post's top Head Line or at the post's bottom where it says "No Comment" or "X Comments" X = a number...

that will take here to the comment place :-)... you could take your mom and Barbie to Ireland

 

Post a Comment

<< Home