Saturday, July 21, 2007

A month in

I have just spent the last hour or so reading old posts in this blog. Do you other seasoned bloggers do that? It's sort of a little peek in the psyche of the quasi-psycho that I am. It seems like I am constantly in a state of settling down or stirring it up.

So today is one month since I am back, Part II. Though it feels like I have been back for 4 months, I think I have accomplished quite a bit since my return. I don't know what I am complaining about.

I booked the movers for Tuesday at 3pm, and cable for Wednesday. I am somewhat relieved to finally have it come together, but I feel guilty for having to leave work. I am covering a unit that is the busiest unit, not just at First American, but in the state of Oregon (I am not kidding). Though it is a little bit slow (for them) and I probably am okay to sneak out, I still feel kinda bad. You know, being new and all that. After Wednesday I imagine that all will be well and good and I will just be back to not having any issues and just working away. Can you imagine? Me, with no issues. Yeah, I don't buy it either.

Did not leave the house today. Meant to. But Maura came down for a funeral just for the day so she swung by the house to change clothes and I just never had the motivation to leave. Tomorrow the stir-craziness will drive me screaming out into the world, I am quite sure. I did have a slight TV-related issue with Barbie's Direct TV, and I am hoping she won't read this for a week or so so it doesn't stress her out, but I called customer service at Direct TV and they fixed it. It wasn't anythind I did, the signal just went out. The funny thing was that the girl said she had never run into this problem before, and it figures because that is the kind of thing that would happen to Barbie. Just random, wierd shit.

Raining off and on around here too, actually kind of lot. Somebody said it was "fallout from the typhoon" but I don't know about any typhoon (not that I have been looking). All I know is it's July and it should be warm.

So a month in. Am I okay with that? I think we all know I will be better once I am in my own home, but yeah. I think this is best. I am looking at airfare for September for Wisconsin, and I am thinking of someplace other than Cancun to vacation to next winter. Not that Cancun will always be out, but it's nice to try something new. Or go back to Merida. I love Merida. So we'll see.

As always seems to be the slogan in my life, we'll see.

3 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, July 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wisconsin sounds great, wish I could go too....what are ya gonna wear???

 
At 7:45 AM, July 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog, Joycie. It does raise a question though...why don't you ever see dead birds lying around? I mean, you see the occasional road kill of racoons and opossums, but never birds. Even when strolling through the woods (which I frequently do, you know)...no dead birds. So - where do they all go?

 
At 6:33 AM, July 26, 2007, Blogger JJ said...

Becky H.? More like Jack H. ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home