Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Squatter Girl

Okee dokee, how about an update?

So TODAY I moved OUT of Becky's apartment and BACK over to Barbie's. Barbie is on a business trip until Tuesday, which coincides with my move-in date (for the love of Pete, FINALLY). Becky's hospitality is overwhelming, and she has been there when I really needed it, and for that I am eternally grateful. She even carried the heavy stuff down the stairs for me - though we got Mark to carry the 85 lb suitcase down last night. Seriously all this moving around is killing my friends...

I have been working in Lake Oswego since Monday, and I really like that branch. The branch manager is great fun, and she is busier than crap, so I have been busy, and that is always a plus. She is trying to make a play for me to have a desk there, but I know that Linda is probably not even wanting to think about that. It's cool. Tomorrow I go back to Lincoln Tower, and I am there for a week and a couple days. The floating thing isn't that bad, actually, I like it. We'll see what happens as I go along, I suppose.

Not much else going on, really. Just wanting to get settled. I feel like I have been home for flipping three months, but really it's only been a month. I guess a month tomorrow or something? Hm. I've done all right I suppose. I have to remember to see past the frustration and look at the positive. I think I might have made that a resolution way back in the New Year. I really need to work on that again.

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, July 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I was reading Joyce's blog and ir made me think of something. What's the deal with the cops on bicycles? Do you think their ass gets sore like mine does when I ride a bicycle for, like, 5 minutes? They're on the damned thing all freakin day! And, do you think their fellow officers who obviously haven't done anything (or more importantly, gotten caught) like make fat jokes about the chief's wife, so they are still in CARS rather than BIKES, make jokes about him/her? Maybe call them things like "Mikey Bikey" or "Pedalin' Paula" or "go-ahead-and-rob-the-MiniMart-because-I-can't-catch-you-anyway"?

Anyway...I was just thinking.

 
At 11:09 PM, July 19, 2007, Blogger JJ said...

And people wonder why I moved out... JUST KIDDING! I felt you needed some "me" time. So you went to Seattle for a family reunion. Waylon asked about you tonight...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home