Friday, June 29, 2007

Coming out of the dark

I have been somewhat silent because nothing much has happened since I'm back (I'm back, by the way). Actually, plenty has been happening but I didn't have much of an end to it so now that I do I will explain.

I'm back. I have been back a week now. To those of you in Portland, my apologies for not contacting you right away, but I just want to be settled. I hope you understand. For those of you in Cancun, gosh, what can I say besides I just wanted to leave quietly. It wasn't for lack of WANTING to say goodbye, but didn't I pretty much just do that? That's the way I felt. And so much goes on in the course of the day there that time wasn't right. I was ready to leave and leave quickly, to get back to here and be settled, so I hope you can accept that I just had to go. I was never a big fan of all the fanfare anyway.

So. I got back, stayed at Barbie's for a week, and just moved in briefly with Becky. I rented a car and have looked at an apartment or two, but of course can't get either one of those without having a job. Friday when I got into town I met Linda from First Am for a drink and she outlined her plan, which made me feel pretty good since it's a tough market out there. It was tenuous until Wednesday, when she phoned me back and yesterday, when I got some emails from HR. So I start on Monday. Not really sure what I am doing, but I think I will be floating for a little bit. I'll take it, believe me.

So my next plan of attack is to go find a car and a place to live. Still not settled, but I'm here, and by now most of you should know that if I don't want to talk, I just don't. Sorry but that's the way I am and it's hard to change. And yes, Kim S, I will be phoning you this weekend. :)

4 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, June 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, dahling!

huggies,
janie and norb

 
At 12:52 PM, July 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you for sushi Friday night, but I´m glad to hear that things seem to be working out for you back there. Hope that the job comes with vacation time and that we might see you here again, if not soon, at least sometime!

Good luck getting settled and back into the routine, and please keep us posted when you can!

 
At 6:08 PM, July 01, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

Well Becky got to a computer before I did dammit! Yes we did miss you at sushi and bucks but hope that we can do it again someday...no matter where it is.

You know where to find me. If telmex is our friend, we should have internet by Monday night.

So when you want to shout out and hear about other people's problems...I've got plenty! LOL

 
At 8:08 AM, July 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least the weather this week should remind you of Mexico and maybe you should move to HIllsboro and then it would really feel like home to you..
hahah
j/k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home