Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Everybody But Me

So as it turns out, in this half-condo, half-hotel situation that I live in (I feel like Benny), the Dish network that supplies our TV is built into the maintenance dues the owners pay. Lately many owners have not been paying their maintenance, which means Dish isn't getting paid consistantly. When that happens, as it turns out, they knock out a couple of channels here and there.

When I started living here I had 2 HBOs, a Cinemax (great...), TBS, TNT, CW (for America's Next Top Model), NBC and CBS. Things have come and gone, and now that I know the system and how it is based on owners not paying, I see it as torture and punishment. Today, I have 1 HBO, TBS, 2 (count 'em, 2) NASA channels, and the Inspirational network. Seriously. So like 2 channels you can watch (the NASA channel is unwatchable unless you are either a complete dork or an astronaut. I don't even think the NASA channel is available on Comcast in Portland).

So what is my biggest beef with this whole situation, since I am home in the morning, briefly in the afternoon for like an hour, and then at like 2 am? TBS plays NOTHING but "Everybody Loves Raymond". I am not kidding. I have been home since 4:45pm today and there have been FOUR episodes on. They just keep coming.

I hate this show. I just don't get it, I don't get the draw. People are amused by these people constantly fighting? This horrific mother and father meddling in their son's life? Good Lord. In the real world that would be grounds for divorce. Imagine your husband ALLOWING the behavior of his in-laws... oh my hell. I realize this is just TV, but honestly, is this what Americans want? A show based on two HORRIBLE people fighting constantly, ruining their kids' lives, and subsequently displaying an absolutely awful home life? Is that family life in America? Geez, I lived it. I don't need to watch it on TV. I think they should have "Everybody Loves Raymond: The Kids Lives" like 40 years from now and see if their kids ever get married. I'm betting they won't.

Rant is done, gotta go back to work. Because everybody loves the hotel zone...

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, June 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree about that show ... I never could stand Everybody Loves Raymond, and that obnoxious mother and father.

There's never anything good on t.v. here either, and we get lots and lots of channels.

love ya!
janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home