Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sometimes I am completely confused when I wake up

Why I Think I Am Living in Cancun (Mexico) Again.

- I'm much warmer
- I have some color
- I wear shorts
- I never forget antiperspirant and powder in my morning routine
- I have doubled my cigarette consumption
- I can find Kinder Bueno
- My refrigerator is very small
- I have to think before I say something to most people
- I don't generally know what day it is
- There are empty water bottles all over my apartment
- I worry about money
- I am not driving a car
- When I walk into a room I scan the floor for critters (as opposed to the ceilings)

Why I Don't Think I Am Living in Cancun (Mexico) Again.

- I get a Starbucks almost daily
- I haven't run out of money yet
- I speak way too much English in my job and get away with it
- I have been able to keep up with "America's Next Top Model" and "How I Met Your Mother"
- Consequently there are no shortage of stupid commercials I see on TV
- I have a relatively consistant internet connection
- I am sleeping on my feather bed
- There is Coors Light available almost everywhere
- There is an ocean (okay, a sea) outside my door
- I am surrounded by white people most of the time
- I still use my US cell phone like I am just in Florida
- I still have some debt
- I have all of my handbags with me
- I haven't gotten drunk and made out with anyone in a pretty long time

So, frankly, I really don't know where I am at this point.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, May 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wanted to make me laugh...you surely did!

 
At 10:58 PM, May 27, 2007, Blogger ARrrrrr said...

Whoa! I could make a list frighteningly similar to yours about living in Australia. Just take away the cigarettes and Starbucks, and replace How I Met Your Mother with The Office and Lost (thanks to iTunes). Scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home