Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It's mundane, really. But if you want to know what's been going on...

Well kiddies, I said I was going to try to blog more often, and I really haven't. But I think it's because I don't have much substance about which to blog. Though I have been told that is not necessarily the case, I still think I am living a pretty mundane existance around here these days.

Nevertheless I will try to bring you up to speed.

So yeah, um, I have been working days and sometimes nights. Sometimes I stay and like, NOT work, but those are the times that I feel badly for our little Jan-Jan having to drive home all by her lonesome. Not that she would fall asleep at the wheel or anything, or like she hasn't done this countless times before, but the good Lord knows I am codependent, so I will simply leave it as it's my own hangup and most of the time if I am staying past 2 let's say, it's really my own fault. I tried to tell Janet last night, as we strolled across the Solymar's parking lot at 3:15am, that pretty much most of what I do is self-serving: what would happen if one day she DID fall asleep at the wheel? She drives into the lagoon, a crocodile gets her and chews off her leg as she is swimming to the shore (not to mention abandoning our sole source of private transportation), next thing you know she is in a wheelchair for life on account of none of the prosthetic legs she tries fits, and who is left to push her and her wheelchair around? Me. I don't know that all of you are familiar with the sidewalks here in Cancun - not so handicap-friendly. Do you see what a pain in the neck it would be for me? So staying until 3 really isn't just for Janet after all...

But I digress (imagine). She is teaching me the DJ stuff - this time it is all on computer which she says is easier, but scares me just as much as that big huge "portable" machine did back in the day. So far so good, but I am having transition issues (you know, from karaoke song over to bumper music). Joe is going to DC and NY next week (party party? Not really. More like pedi pedi), so really I should know this stuff so I can cover for her once in a while. Which also means I need to learn how to drive that big-ass van. I would ask Maura what it's like to drive it since she has the same van, but she never reads so it would be a question sort of floating out there in cyberspace, never to be answered... Oh well.

I also need to learn to drive the big-ass van because Janet is going on an Alaskan cruise with her brother and mother and some others (that was kind of fun) in early July and frankly, those groceries aren't going to buy themselves and get their happy asses all the way back to the hotel zone. That should be fun. I had issues driving Elizabeth's Monza in centro back in the day. How the hell am I going to drive this tank over there??

Other than that, I am working and hitting hotels and taking meetings and doing tequila tasting (not tasting it, handing it out) (tho I did actually participate in the tasting of it last Tuesday night - 23 different types of tequila, oh my hell). It's fun, it isn't escrow, it's not Portland, I have the makings of some kind of tan on certain more exposed body parts, things are good. I still haven't set up skype but I am having other issues right now of the banking variety - nothing major, just another situation where people suck and certain particular people have made it clear that they are just NOT GOING TO GO AWAY and that in itself sucks because, really, all I want is for them to JUST GO AWAY. I don't need their bad ju-ju-shitty-karma-going-to-be-unhappy-for-the-rest-of-your-sorry-ass-life crap in my own life.

I am wrapping it up because somebody mentioned food and I have to YET AGAIN explain that I do NOT make decisions unless they are work related. Sooner or later the point will be made. Today might be that day but it isn't happening RIGHT NOW.

I would also like to add that the best thing that has happened for me in Cancun is the Starbucks situation. Whereever I need to be, there is a Starbucks, and if there is not one, then I am probably right by Buzz Cafe. I like coffee. A lot.

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

You see! That was quite entertaining. Now tell me when I can join you for the pedi party?

 
At 6:19 PM, May 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm ... Starbucks!

hugs,
janie

 
At 9:00 PM, May 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me, it might not seem like it now..but mundane is GOOD!! Especially when you consider the alternatives.
B#17

 

Post a Comment

<< Home