Sunday, April 29, 2007

If you don't have anything nice to say...

Hi. Today's blog entry is brought to you by the letters F and U. Nah, I'm just kidding.

The weather has been beautiful since I got back here. My days are full. I have very good friends here, and I enjoy my job. The days can be long but it isn't bad because the water all around me provides me with good mojo and I can totally dig it. We just had lunch with some great people and though they are on their way back to Wisconsin, we'll see them in about 3 weeks. And I am not doing escrow. Life is good.

I think it is important for us to capitalize on the good things in our lives. Even if you whole life is for shit, there has to be SOMETHING. Like, maybe you reproduced and your kid isn't in jail or juvenile detention or time out or whatever. Or maybe you have the means to live in a nice house. There has to be something. Or maybe not, I mean, maybe you are just one of those people who just gets shit dumped on them every day - constantly running out of toothpaste or Cap'n Crunch, car breaking down all the time, job is a nightmare, nothing good on TV.

Frankly, I don't think it's any excuse.

I think that there is no excuse to constantly put others down under the guise of "it's just my opinion". If it's your opinion and nobody asked you for it, keep it to yourself. MY opinion of of Funions is that they are a taste sensation, but you don't see me running up and shoving that down everyone's throat, do you? No. I keep it to myself. It's easy.

I think it is pretty common knowledge that when someone puts somebody else down, it is because they want to feel better about themselves. Everybody knows that. And yet people still do it. It's actually a good indicator of the kind of person they are. I don't particularly want to be around people who have nothing nice to say. We all bitch, and we all have something to say about other people, but really, if it's just slamming someone for no real reason, the only damage you are doing is to your own reputation. I know it, you know it, the person you are talking to knows it. So since we have all agreed that it's just kind of pathetic and embarrassing, it's probably time to stop.

I think the definition of the best friend you can have is someone who can tell you the worst things that affect your life and happiness without making you feel like shit about it. And that are there for you through good times and bad times. And who stick up for you when some unhappy little nothing person tries to make you look bad. I am lucky to say that I have a few of those. On the flip side, we all have acquaintances that try to be one thing but really are another, and sooner or later, you find out about them. I am not hurt anymore by the people in life that try to screw me, I just feel sorry for them. I think pity is the worst thing anyone can feel toward another person, even worse than hate. I don't want to waste the energy hate demands. I would rather just know that even though some people are out there blundering around in their unhappiness and trying to shove it down everyone else's throat in an effort to make themselves look good, at least I feel sorry for them and the fact that sooner or later they will be friendless and will finally have to face themselves in the mirror.

And that is all I have to say.

Well, one more thing, really. Nice people are invaluable. It's not that hard to be nice. I think more people should try it once in a while.

Have a nice day!

2 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

love ya!
janie

 
At 10:00 AM, April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put my friend.
You taught me I needed a smile zone, and you were right. Thank you....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home