Friday, April 13, 2007

Hovering (and a confusing happy birthday)

Oh my hell it took me forever to get a signal here today. I need to move this big ass table from one side of the room to the other, but it looks like it was carved out of a single tree so it's not going to be a one-gal job. Once I get that bitch over to this side of the room I can set up my laptop so that it actually GETS the signal consistantly, as opposed to the way it is right now, where if I lean a certain way there is no signal. Wireless: it's a good thing, if you don't live in a concrete building.

So yeah, not really much to report still. Had a meeting yesterday that lasted a few hours, at the club, and then ran errands. I haven't been in the sun (to lay out) since I don't know, Monday, so I need to get on that this morning. I am pale and it's starting to get hot so I need to be able to wear shorts for Pete's sake.

I would also like to say Happy Birthday to a couple of people this morning: Jeff M. from Boston (ish) and Rugged in LA. I THINK that Jeff's birthday was yesterday, which would make Rugged's birthday today. If that is NOT the case then Jeff's is today and Rugged's was yesterday, or worse yet, Jeff's is today and Rugged's is TOMORROW (or vice versa). I knew all this in the proper format 20 years ago, and since I have recently been in touch with both of them, I am trying to remember. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you - you look the same today as you did in 1986!*

Okay. So I have finished my internet related responsibilities for the morning and am going to throw on my suit and run downstairs for some sun, and then off to the races, as they are. Hope there is some excitement on your end, for now, I am just floating in limbo.

______________________
* I haven't seen Jeff since 1986 or '87, besides a pretty good pic of him and Britney, but my memory is fantastic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home