Monday, March 19, 2007

Now it's REALLY official - Booked!

So our little Jan Jan called me yesterday during nap #2 and told me NOT to book just yet if I hadn't already (I hadn't) and she would check airfare and see if we couldn't find a way for her to come up and help me move (help me pack, too). Sure enough, today she found a $375 round trip and I will return on her return leg for the lo - lo price of $180! Can you flipping believe those fares? It's sick. So yeah, um, I did it, booked both of them and I am officially the hell out of here on April 4 at 6am (are either of you reading this, Barbie and Shelia?) (actually Shelia, Barbie offered to drive but since I am so fun and popular I will let you fight it out. I will say though it will be 4 suitcases and 2 bodies so um, might have to be the one with the bigger car...). So yeah, talk about official!

The deal is that ol' Jan Jan will fly up the 28th and since she doesn't want to shop by herself, will try to make herself busy in my apartment. Not hard to do, because let's face it, I procrastinate. And I would hate to have her be bored while I am at work my last two days. Give give give, never take, that's me. She can get in some good tax-free shopping as well, and will bring up an extra suitcase and a half for my stuff. She just rocks! I am happy that we are booked and that I have such a friend.

Maybe I should take a moment and thank ALL my friends. You know, I am the kind of person that runs around making sure her karma is intact, and so you would think I wouldn't be so surprised that good things happen. But I am. It amazes me the support and friendship that I have coming my way. I am truly humbled, and I thank all of you for reading, listening, and putting up with all of my crap. Because there is a lot of it. I don't think I have to tell you the issues I have. Group hug (air hug, sure, but hug all the same)!

Okay so tonight that Dave E. is in town and since I SORTA blew him off last night (he called mid-nap#3 and had just landed, and he sounded tired so I told him we could meet today... again with the giving...), we went to dinner tonight. Crafty Joyce managed to get him to leave his hotel in Clacka-fucking-mas 4000 miles away and meet me at my office, to which he arrived at 4:45. Perfect. From there we took the long way (to avoid traffic) to the Broadway, my old local from like 8 years ago (yes, 4 people there remembered me and had to chat, I should be proud, but since it's the Broadway, I'm not) and had a whole bunch of food and a drink or two. Too much food made us leave at like 7:45 and he dropped me back at my office (and car) and went back to his hotel - short and sweet, but quality. I love that guy. Marita called while we were out too and that was fun to chat this time with Dave on this side of the phone. It was a good evening and I will still have plenty of rest and that is all good, and I like having dinner with Dave because he calls it supper and I find that charming. So that was tonight.

Not even going to talk about the weekend because I think we didn't have one because I sure didn't get much done. I am sure you aren't surprised. I'm not. Now I am a short-timer at work with WAY too much to do there, but everyone knows now (including big boss Linda who actually told me I could come back to work there again whenever I needed - nice, huh?) and since my office is way up front, they all pop in to chat and give me shit and stuff. So there you go. Up to date. I feel good.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, March 20, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

Well aren't we happy happy joy joy! Ti ji! I am looking forward to your return!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home