Saturday, March 10, 2007

Too little too late?

Long week, kinda. Ironically, I am being chosen for more responsibilities and committees and other long-term things at work right now. Big Boss Linda came in early in the week and asked if I would be the closer for a program with Ohio Savings Bank, apparently they are doing some sort of electronic signing thing, where maybe the docs will all be on line or something? She didn't know the specifics and it kind of doesn't matter at this point, but all I can answer is Why not. Then Heather is our current (was, no probably still will be) rep on some committee based out of Texas that has to do with settlement practices (really not sure what it is either) and because her desk has exploded (a great thing for her) I was asked to be her replacement (so what does that say about me and their expectations...?). Fine. THEN one of our big builders in Gloria's unit wants to bring all of their Spanish speaking customers to Gloria, and not to Fidelity where they have a bilingual closer (remember, we really don't), so I was asked if I wanted to take Spanish lessons on the company dime. I said, yeah, whatever. Thing is, even if stuff wasn't happening (Vague Girl again), it doesn't take a month of classes to become fluent. It takes a LONG TIME. I attribute all this to the general lack of caring that I see so prevelantly in my branch (hi, it's me, Disheartened Girl). I just think it's sort of ironic in that now that something else is in the works, they finally see that I am smart and a good representative of our company. Whatever.

On a personal level, I went Thursday morning and met with the Liason with the Next Step, per the gentle encouragement of Bridie, and it was okay, but all I did was talk. I guess you gotta let the guy know what is going on before he can help. What little he was able to sneak in edgewise was helpful in reinforcing the idea that you don't HAVE to like certain people if you don't want to. Certain important people in your life. And also that to be happy is pretty much the goal in all our lives. I will meet with him again on Monday.

Socially, I went out midweek again, Thursday, and it was fun. 1am fun. Sleep until 6:15am the next day fun, and show up to work Friday morning with odd hair fun. But we had a good time and it's always good to mix things up. I didn't miss a new Ugly Betty or The Office, so it seemed like a good opportunity.

Today to Marita's delight I may go do some shopping. Tomorrow Barbie and I are taking mom to brunch, and I am not sure really why, but I guess it's the right thing to do. So that's fine.

I have to tell you. Biting my tongue is getting hard. But it is necessary for just a little while longer - perhaps a week longer. Please be patient and don't give up the ship. This is Limbo, and Lord knows I have been here before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home