Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Year In

Today marks the one-year anniversary of my re-entry, and what a year it's been. It's funny - I know "you can't go back" because I have done this before, a few times. But I think that when I moved back after 16 months, I knew that the PLACE would be the same, the PEOPLE may have changed a little bit, and the SITUATION might be different, but not so much that I couldn't get right back in it.

I was pretty much wrong, I'll admit, you know, you read it. I have a fairly low threshhold for stupidity and kind of a knee-jerk temper, so it shouldn't have surprised me that a lot of things set me off and wouldn't let me go. I have always described myself as a grass-is-always-greener kind of gal, but it turns out this grass wasn't as green as I thought and I kind of like sand.

So I have had my struggles. I have definitely seen some changes. I have FELT some changes that I don't like, within myself. And I know what I have to do. It's just the DOING it that is kind of hard, but I know I have to. Having been back here a year, I find that I am not the person that I want to be. And I know I need to find that person and bring her back out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home