Thursday, February 15, 2007

Waking up to some news

Hi.

So today was sucky. I woke up at eight. EIGHT. THREE HOURS LATER than normal. Fabulous. I managed to get to work at 8:40, and I even showered. Walked in on our staff meeting that started at 8:30, and of course Linda was there. Neat - o.

See, I got a new phone yesterday. Becky and I went to lunch at Red Robin and there is a Cingular store next door. Since everyone has a better phone than me, I decided to see what I could do. I have only had my phone for 1 year so I wasn't really ready for a new phone yet, but we worked out a deal, and I'm pretty happy about it. Except that I have yet to read the book and so when I set my alarm, I guess I didn't adjust the volume, and if it went off I surely didn't hear it. Sucky, I tell you. I still have my own phone so I'm going to use that one still as an alarm. Sucky.

So let's see. Tomorrow is casual day for those of us that finished our reviews at work (we have to review ourselves now and send them to Nicky and in like 3 months we'll get a raise). I got mine in on Tuesday so I'm dialed. Not like I'll ever see the actual review. I think I will probably be moved back by the time May rolls around. Maybe even April. Who knows, maybe even March. I have much thinking to do on this but the Ceruttis offered me a job and I think I am going to take it. Just wish I could talk to Bridie.

Anyway, you'd think I would be bouncing off the walls right now, but I am just kind of chillin on it. Because, you know, it's pretty much real.

Tomorrow Elizabeth will be 29 for the last day of her life. She's having a party on Saturday night at My Place and beyond, and I have some friends from Wisconsin going down to visit for the weekend, so they are bringing her a present from me. I shipped it earlier this week to them. It's fun. Don't tell her, but I got her a ______________________!* Isn't that great?! She's going to have so much fun with it! Yay!

Not much else going on except that in my waking up at 8am haste I did not take my stomach medicine or my Tunguska and I am feeling it, man. Tomorrow will be a MUCH better day.

__________________________
* What, did you think I was gonna say what I got you, silly girl? Neener neener.

5 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, JOYCEEEEE!!!!

I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

janie

 
At 8:28 PM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah and Hoooooo!!!

First trip for sushi is on me!!!

Good luck with all the stuff that comes next. Let me know if you need any consejos!

-The Becky in the place where you should be and sounds like you might be very soon! (If you understand that, then heaven help you!! ) LOL

 
At 10:14 AM, February 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, for real??!! OK you MUST fill me in! Shit you only live once, do what it is you really want to do. Woohoo, this means I can come visit you again!!!! (OK, maybe not in July again...but you never know...)

 
At 10:48 AM, February 16, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

First off. I love Red Robin's. They have a dessert called Raspbery Berry and it's the bomb. Like a Raspberry Yogurt with Raspberrys and Raspberry sauce and the crust is oreo cookie. MMMM.

And second off! If you intended to piss me of, you did a really good job of it!

And third. You should probably stay home and get that raise instead of moving here. JAJAJAJAJAJA.

Revenge is sweet.

 
At 3:26 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger SS said...

And I was gonna come visit you in Oregon this year!! Guess I better get a passport!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home