Thursday, February 22, 2007

Girl's head nearly explodes from being too smart...

Remember like a year and a couple of months ago when I blogged about how I missed thinking and being smart and all that? Actually missed escrow? Yeah, um, I was crazy. There's just no other explanation. All day today (the day before the last day to sign refis, mind you) our escrow system was down. Up and down, but mostly down. Piece of shit. Just absolutely the most frustrating day. It came up, no lie, at 4:10. Thanks. I had my hands reaching for my keys on countless occasions, ready to drive over to where ever the hell it is the IT people hide to beat the crap out of them. I left work around 7:10pm and my head was ready to explode. I am so ready to be done with this flipping profession. Remember I said that.

So last Sunday I went to get hypnotized to quit smoking and frankly it didn't take. So I am still smoking. I guess it wasn't quite in the cards yet. I think I need to like switch my routine drastically to do it. Hmmm... any ideas? Never mind, I have one.

I saw Elizabeth and Becky's pictures from Elizabeth's party and they were quite fun, especially the one where I was in it. Somebody, one of them, drew a picture of me (and can I just say, my hair wasn't quite what I thought it looks like to me) and taped it to a chair. Quite festive. The pictures were great though, and the party looked like it was big fun. I wish I would have been there for reals. But alas, I was at home, preparing (unknowingly) for one holy hell of an escrow week.

So tomorrow I have jury duty. Did I mention tomorrow is the last day to sign refis? Yeah. So the deal is you have to call and find out if they need you the day before, after 4pm. I phoned and they said those potential jurors with juror numbers 1 - 450 must report. Since I was number 18 I guess there isn't much grey area. So tomorrow morning I get to haul my happy ass clear the hell out to Hillsboro and do my civic duty, while my month end and any hope of client satisfaction crumble into oblivion. They don't really take the "I can't miss work" excuse anymore, and the information I received was that about the only way they will excuse you anymore is if you are in labor or had a limb lopped off on the way in. So I guess "I can't do my civic duty because I need to close 4 files tomorrow, if they don't sign tomorrow then they won't fund Wednesday and the locks will expire and all escrow hell will break loose." They don't care - they're the law.

So I will bring a book or two and hope to get out early. I have shit to do. I think my plan is to tell them I am a raging Republican and I hate anyone who isn't white. That should do it, right? Or maybe they'll embrace me as one of their own. That would be horrid. I have one of those personalities where people just sort of gravitate to me, I think it's because no matter what I always look like I am smiling or half-smiling, like an idiot, or a half-wit, so I could be in trouble over there in western Washington County. I hope I make it out alive, frankly.

Not much else going on that I care to share. I am working on a plan and I will have more details on that plan when I get some things taken care of. I can't really say a lot here because sometimes people from work read, and that's an issue. I must be very secretive. Stealth. So have patience, especially you, Janie. Time will tell.

4 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, February 23, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

You sound like a CIA agent.

 
At 10:18 AM, February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my absolute favorite thing to read every day :)

 
At 5:12 PM, February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just too funny!

I could have got you out of jury duty, we write letters for our psych patients all the time!

"Joyce is not mentally competent to serve on a jury" ... see? easy!

love ya!
janie

 
At 5:04 AM, February 24, 2007, Blogger SS said...

You must write a book or do stand-up! You're hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home