Monday, April 09, 2007

Quick check-in

So I got here on Wednesday and stayed with Janet at her and Joe's unit in Solymar for two nights, and then a room opened up at Salvia (some woman's apartment that she doesn't rent out, so it's like her home. It's wierd, her food is like all over and it's awkward using her towels) so I moved over there. It was Easter break for Mexicans so the place was a zoo. The first night the 19 kids all staying in the unit next door were in and out and loud and crazy and someone actually started playing the trumpet at like 2 am. They all left on Sunday afternoon, and no trumpets for Saturday night, just bongos and a lot of breaking glass. Yikes.

I have been able to lay out a few days for a couple of hours a day, and that's good, but not yet good enough. The weather is fabulous, low to mid 80s with a good breeze. I have been spending a lot of time with the Ceruttis doing my thing, or trying to, getting into the swing of things and seeing old friends. Some of them anyway. Now that the holiday is over it is back to business, so I have a meeting or two set up for this week and we'll go from there.

Other than that, just living out of a suitcase til Wednesday when I move back to Solymar - not as conveniently located in terms of getting to the club, but there is always the bus, and I have to remember how much I love that. Because I did once, didn't I? Or did I? I don't think I did. I won't have constant internet access until then, hence my silence, so for now I just check email and sometimes lug this cracktop over to the club and feed off their wireless, like I am doing now.

So I'll go. And check back with you when I am more settled. Whatever that means.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, April 12, 2007, Blogger ARrrrrr said...

I just remembered the name of your blog! I am reviewing a restoration ecology lecture for my exam next week, and it just popped in my head, seemingly out of nowhere. From one ex-F.A.T. to another, I can tell you that once you escape escrow, you ARE in the land of the free, no matter what your country of residence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home