Monday, April 02, 2007

Wrapping it up

So I have been incommunicado because that Janet is here and we have been busy little bees. Janet has been working her ass off, and as her supervisor, let me just tell you that she deserves a raise. It's too bad I currently don't have a job or I'd give her a big fat one.

My last couple days of work were pretty uneventful, except for the fanfare and the Thursday night going away party at Azteca. Turned out to have quite the little crowd and frankly, they spent entirely too much money on me, the girl that seems to keep coming back and then leaving again. But hey, I had a lot of fun and I am glad they get so fired up about my not working there anymore. Good times.

Friday I left work around 12:30 and the kiddies all sort of lined up to say goodbye, which was nice. You know, it's nice to know you are making an impact on people, after all. So thanks to anyone from First American who is reading this, it was great working with you for 11 months and I had a nice time back here in the real world, spending exhoribitant amounts of money on stuff I ultimately just packed away.

Saturday night we (Mark, Marshy, Shelia, Kirsten, Janet and I) went to Becky's for drinks and that was a blast - the kids wanted to play charades (you know I don't normally like organized games) and we really had a good time with that. Got home like at 3, like that's any surprise, and Sunday night we went to dinner with Tom, Barbie and Mom to Jake's. Very nice night as well.

Tomorrow the movers come at 2 to take the furniture and boxes to Kim's basement (thanks again Kim!), and then I will go to Becky's to drop off the car and hand over the title and all that fun stuff, and then off to Barbie's for a tiny bit of sleep before leaving at 3:40 to get to the airport at 4. Crap. My $180 one way ticket is going to be like $150 more in overweight luggage, but what can you do... the good news is Janet managed to get my featherbed in an extra-large space bag so no hard beds for Joycie!

All in all, busy busy, haven't been online much at all. It's frightening (here in the dark) to know that I am doing this, but good things are coming. Looking forward to looking like a complete soggy mess 75% of the time: it's all in the attitude.

I'll be more regular soon.

Night all.

5 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, April 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe travels, Joyce & Janet!

hugs,
janie

 
At 8:22 AM, April 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big hugs to both of you! And safe travels! It's getting hot here...

 
At 11:05 AM, April 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the use of my basement. It'll be kind of like having a part of you still around...lol. I am going to miss you terribly and I'm so glad you have such good friends in Cancun. I would bet that I will come back to visit, Jan/Feb, something like that...so I just hope you'll have time to get away from work and hang out! Have a safe trip and we will be in touch!! BYE!!!!

 
At 12:28 PM, April 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to have you here and have the ordeal of picking up and moving be over for you!! I'm so glad you had Janet there to crack the whip!

See ya soon!!!

Hugs and sushi...

guess who?

 
At 12:36 PM, April 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I missed the par-tay your last Thursday night here. I was under the weather, so it was all that I could do to make it to 5:00, then I went home and crashed.

I can't believe you left so fast! Dang!

Hope all is well in Cancun. Someday we will meet again! - Jodi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home