Sunday, June 03, 2007

This just in - New Link (look to your right)

So I just added a new link and I implore you to check it out. I'll wait.

Okay since I am sure you just finished reading it and are now back to finish my post, I will tell you that I am related to this person (by marriage, not blood, and not mine). And I think it's a pretty cool (pretty FRICKIN cool) thing. But after reading the site, and making a nice comment (which lgrt will tell you is really not like me), I thought about it a little bit. Like, it's kind of frightening. I mean, you're driving a course that talks about its lack of roadside "conveniences" like gas stations and wireless internet. You're driving for miles and miles and miles looking at the same scenery with your dad (I can only relate to that on a spiritual level, sorry). It's Alaska and the Arctic Circle so it's flipping cold. The route is full of potholes, soft shoulders, and steep hills. You're pushing 50 for Christ's sake, and I won't even begin to elaborate on the nods towards midlife crisis. Your wife is probably going to be so worried that she'll drain the bank accounts shopping. See? There were a lot of things going through my head.

But again I will say Kudos to you. I am SO going to be glued to this site. Talk about the adventure of a lifetime.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, June 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - who is the dude?

 
At 8:06 AM, June 08, 2007, Blogger JJ said...

My brother-in-law. Was I that cryptic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home