Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hot time in the hot town

Okkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy... so I found a place to live. I don't move in til the 24th, but that's like a Tuesday or something, and since I am hiring a mover, and would like the place painted, I may not actually SLEEP there til closer to that weekend. Do you know how FAR OFF that is? Becky truly has been great, a very good hostess (I am not writing this just because I know you read), but I think everyone wants their independence.

So it's in Beaverton, sort of central if you will, and near the train. Not that that matters at this point, but there it is just the same. Woo hoo.

Work is good still. Today it was like 100 degrees (more, actually) and the smoking Nazi, Doogie the Security Guard, Little E, whatever his name is, was on the war path trying to tell us where the designated smoking sections are. Um, duh. We work here, we know where they are. But they make no sense. And being in the parking garage in the death heat with NO breeze, you know, there is only so much a person is going to take. Keep it up, Doogie, at least you are getting a paycheck out of it.

Lots of complaints about the heat here, though, and though it is warm, it isn't humid. So there is no running sweat. Y'all just wouldn't believe it (well, some of you do) when I say that 85 degrees and 90% humidity is 5000 times hotter than 102 and low humidity.

I don't have much else, except that I try hard to keep you up to date, and sometimes it just isn't that exciting. If you want I can post every couple of days to tell you what it's like sleeping in Nicky's room and living out of a suitcase, but that gets old and I can tell there is no sympathy.

Oh one more thing, Alyssa, can I release 1058223 here, or should I just task you? ;)

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, July 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words - it's nice to have you around to buy me chicken. You have also been great understanding when you have to vacate in the event of a bootie call (which hasn't happened yet, of course, but still...) Becky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home