Saturday, August 04, 2007

No time for the sofa

So I got my hair cut and colored last night FINALLY. My good GOD it has been looking like shit. I am generally Every-5-Weeks Girl, and it's been since March 11 since I have had color and any kind of style, and then maybe 2 months since I have actually had anyone come near me with scissors. I love Antonietta, truly, but I need someone a little more... um... Expensive Salon-y to do this head. Don't tell anyone but I did NOT go back to Evolution, instead I took a Becky recommendation (clearly Up Here Becky, as opposed to Down There Becky or even Up THERE Becky) and went to this gal Sue at a salon in Beaverton (well, east Beaverton. I simply WILL NOT ACCLIMATE). In my opinion, as I sit here this morning with wet hair, she did a phenomenal job and you cannot even BELIEVE what I paid. Half of what I normally would. Not to mention, and this made me pretty nervous, I made the appointment on Tuesday. TUESDAY, for a Friday evening appointment. I remember hanging up and dropping my head into my hands and thinking, oh my hell. What kind of stylist worth anything can make an appointment 4 days later and at such a convenient time? Ask Mindy and Melissa, they were sort of miffed at my issue. I guess I am just used to stylists who can't squeeze you in for 2 or 3 months unless you have booked out way in advance. And then charge you an arm and a leg. Am I shallow? No, I guess I have just been conditioned into thinking that if you are any good then you are way busy, expensive, and enjoy shoving $100 product at you (which of course I buy). But this Sue, she was great. So color ME surprised.

This morning Shelia, Jim and I are going to Ikea. Tom was considering it but no, he decided against it last night. So they will be here at 9:15 so that Shelia can see the new digs (which I am smoking in, by the way. See how much I love it?) and though the new digs is awash with clutter and crap that has not yet fully been put away, I don't really care. I have time. Plus yesterday when I was at Tanasbourne, one of the girls there (I say "girls", which I don't mean to be condescending, but I don't like saying "women" or even "ladies" because it all connotes "old" to me and they aren't) suggested that I look into a sort of "buyers' remorse" clause. You never know. There are options abounding. I think.

So Ikea, yeah, I do love it, and haven't been since flipping Tustin, CA in maybe 1991 or something. Hopefully it won't be too much of a zoo now that it's been open a couple of weeks. We'll see, won't we? You know if it's nightmarish you will be hearing about it.

Then on Monday in my float-ness, I get to go to Newport. We have branches of course all over Oregon (and frankly everywhere), and though it isn't TERRIBLY common, now and again the beach cities need float help. So there are some people out out there, and Linda asked if I would be interested. Oh yes I would, I am, after all, Travel Girl. So it's 2 1/2 hours away and the hotel isn't a resort - who cares? I will be 28 miles south of the mothership - the Coach outlet store and the huge Eddie Bauer outlet in Lincoln City. I can hang. Plus, I like being around the ocean. It's neato. I promise to bring my camera and show you.

Okay, new haircut hair is probably drier than I would like at this point, so I am off to dry it and arrange it into some sort of style. There's your update, up-beat, very little complaining, and full of news!

7 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, August 04, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

Take pics of the beach please. I miss the pacific. Oh wait! I'll get to see it in September! Wooo hooo!

 
At 8:10 AM, August 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Newport! How long will you stay there? I wonder how many trips to the outlets will be made... I sense another Coach purse will be added to the collection. We'll be watching for your pictures!

 
At 10:35 AM, August 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankly, I love Evolution and the job they do, I must since I've been going there since 1985. I have made numerous forays into other salons, but just one trip each. Always come back. I have drawn the line oon $50 shampoo - that's insane.
Barbie

 
At 4:10 AM, August 07, 2007, Blogger ARrrrrr said...

Congratulations. A good haircut is truly an accomplishment.

 
At 9:30 AM, August 07, 2007, Blogger ARrrrrr said...

Also, it's time for some new blog material! Come on, it's hard to procrastinate when there is nothing new on the internet.

 
At 7:17 PM, August 07, 2007, Blogger FJ Cruiser off road adventure said...

the only difference between a $100 and $10 haircut... is two week ;-)

 
At 8:34 PM, August 07, 2007, Blogger JJ said...

Arrr - Shut up.

And LGRT - Grow some hair and we'll discuss it. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home